Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>B&M Alabama
jjmitchem 12:12 AM 01-18-2014
Just found out we are PCSing to Ft Rucker. Gonna miss Hawaii but we did get to stay here for four years.

Any good B&M's near Rucker? Any cigar lounges anywhere in AL?

Who here in the forum lives there?
[Reply]
jjmitchem 09:13 AM 01-20-2014
No one from Alabama?
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:45 AM 01-20-2014
There's a damned nice B&M in Biloxi, MS, but that's a little out of your way.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:59 AM 01-20-2014
Greg (Longknocker) and Cliff (Svillekid) are both from Alabama. Shoot them a PM Chappy. :-)
[Reply]
cmitch 10:14 AM 01-20-2014
May want to check out the city of Dothan. There may still be a lounge there. The Humidor was there but I think they closed back in 2012.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 02:02 PM 01-20-2014
My knowledge will be for B'ham area. Cigars and More has several B&Ms and lounges.... But a ways away from Ruckers. Don't know about Montgomery.... Gotta be careful about many areas there... Some sketchy areas you don't want to spend time in from a crime standpoint. I know there's a B&M north part of Prattville, think it's called the Prattville Cigar Shop. Never been there, or any cigar store in Montgomery. Sorry about the sketchy info. Bama isn't exactly the hotbed of Cigar Central!!
[Reply]
jjmitchem 01:02 PM 01-24-2014
Thanks for the input

Anyone on the forum living in Alabama?
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:22 PM 01-24-2014
Several of us. I'm NE of Birmingham. Clayton is in the quad-city area in NW Bama. Others can chime in. Check out the Bama Boyz banter thread.
[Reply]
AUguy 09:48 PM 01-31-2014
First off welcome to Alabama! You will be experiencing some culture shock if you are moving from Hawaii but what we lack in breathtaking vistas, perfect weather year round, and coconut bikini laden hula dancers we make up for in southern hospitality.

Not much of a cigar scene here but here are a couple of good places near you.

Humidor Fine Cigars & Wine
5630 West Main Street
Dothan, AL 36305
(334) 792-6022

It has been a year or two since I've been to this place but they have a decent inventory and the people working there seemed nice. Liga Privada, Fuente, La Flor Dominica, Perdomo, and sometimes tats.

Ozark Cigar Company
164 South Union Ave
Ozark, AL 36360
334-733-9665
https://www.facebook.com/ozarkcigarcompany

My inlaws live in Ozark so I sneak off to this place every time I am in town. Their selection is pretty modest but you will not find a better place to hang out for a smoke close to Rucker. John is the owner/operator. He works a full time job and runs the store on the side. He is not getting rich trying to run a cigar shop in this area. He only does it as a labor of love. They have a big screen TV and plenty of comfy leather chairs so it is a cool hangout. They also have one or two events a year. There was a big Rocky Patel event a few weeks ago with BBQ and some giveaways. If you want to support a small local business this is the place to go.

If you want to drive a couple of hours go to Harbor Cigars in Destin, FL. They have an amazing selection of cigars and the staff knows their stuff too. Plus Destin probably has the best beaches on the Gulf Coast and plenty of attractions/shopping.

http://www.harborcigars.com/
Harbor Cigars
4424 Commons Drive East, Suite 2C
Destin, Florida 32541

I live about 45 min north of Rucker. If you ever have any questions about the area hit me up.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 10:18 PM 01-31-2014
Thanks AUguy

No culture shock for us, we are from North Carolina. Looking forward to coming home to the south. We will miss the weather and the views here though

Thanks for the input on the B&Ms. I'll have to look into the last two
[Reply]
AUguy 10:42 PM 01-31-2014
No problem. Have a safe trip.
[Reply]
deebomitchell 07:26 PM 02-10-2014
I'm NW corner with Clayton not much up there. Huntsville area and B'ham area better places then this corner.
[Reply]
Up