Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Iron Horse?
tengel78 07:02 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
Tyler let's trade again. I'll send you some.
Cool. I'll send you a PM.
[Reply]
irratebass 04:20 AM 03-05-2012
I got one from a DC, haven't tried it yet though.
[Reply]
fencefixer 07:19 AM 03-05-2012
FWIW there's a review here http://cigars.about.com/od/CigarRevi...rse-Cigars.htm
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:27 AM 03-05-2012
So there are two people in this thread with one post only talking up these Famous house brand cigars. I'm more than a little suspicious of that. I chalk it up as another possible reason not to buy from Famous. It could be a complete coincidence and these two guys just happened to decide to join and post about this cigar...but I doubt it.
[Reply]
fencefixer 07:45 AM 03-05-2012
Hmm..

If I don't see them posting more this month I'll have to stop buying those.
[Reply]
JohnnyDark 08:25 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Not necessarily always true though...Famous Nic 5000 Toros are $ 45.99 for 20 and they are FANTASTIC!!
I bought a 20 pac of the Famous Nic 5000 6/60 and like thiem as well...the Iron Horse is much better.
[Reply]
fencefixer 09:33 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by JohnnyDark:
I bought a 20 pac of the Famous Nic 5000 6/60 and like thiem as well...the Iron Horse is much better.
Hey man why not head over to the inmate processing area and introduce yourself.. stick around and be a part of the big deal, this place is worth it!
[Reply]
aaron72 11:27 AM 03-05-2012
I'll jump in and say that the Iron Horse was a pretty good smoke. Definitely worth while to try it out and find that it might be something you like for the cheap price they can be had for.
[Reply]
whodeeni 07:50 AM 03-06-2012
Maybe I shouldn't do this, but if you want a good cheap Maduro,
get your hands on some of famous' Capoeira! Awesome Cigars!
I personally love the Aluno 'corona'. (IJS...)

@Mac I'm gonna have to smoke another one of those 5000's
that you bombed me with during our trade last year!:-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 07:50 AM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
Hmm..

If I don't see them posting more this month I'll have to stop buying those.
Funny as chit!:-)
[Reply]
TFed 09:26 AM 02-05-2014
So, i have been perusing many threads here. Trying to read most of 'em. Learning and laughing but always appreciating.

But, i think this thread needs another voice. I have been smoking iron horse robustos as my daily go to since they came out.

I don't care if there are famous shills on this thread, truth is, they are very enjoyable smokes.

I still have half a box after splitting them with my son in law. But, if i am going to start funding him, i need an even cheaper regular smoke.

I just got a bundle of augusto reyes factory select maduro to try.

Any suggestions on an acceptable maduro that might be better than that bundle but still less than a buck per stick??
[Reply]
pnoon 09:34 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by TFed:
So, i have been perusing many threads here. Trying to read most of 'em. Learning and laughing but always appreciating.

But, i think this thread needs another voice. I have been smoking iron horse robustos as my daily go to since they came out.

I don't care if there are famous shills on this thread, truth is, they are very enjoyable smokes.

I still have half a box after splitting them with my son in law. But, if i am going to start funding him, i need an even cheaper regular smoke.

I just got a bundle of augusto reyes factory select maduro to try.

Any suggestions on an acceptable maduro that might be better than that bundle but still less than a buck per stick??
But the admins and most of our community do. :-)
[Reply]
TFed 09:48 AM 02-05-2014
Good point! Srry.

But still a good smoke that i need to replace with something less expensive. I will start a thread for suggestions/ recomendations as soon as i can.

I just need to get to sleep because i have work at 7pm eastern snd my ipad is dead. And havent seen how i start new on my phone yet. But im learning : ))
[Reply]
Lockspur 10:15 AM 02-05-2014
From what I remember, it was a good smoke. I recall being surprised when my buddy told me they were a budget stick from Famous. I've got another one in the humi…will give it a go this week.
[Reply]
Cigahs 10:23 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
But the admins and most of our community do. :-)
Why would we need shills? Smokers do it for us.:-)

Humberto
[Reply]
pnoon 10:26 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Cigahs:
Why would we need shills? Smokers do it for us.:-)

Humberto
:-) Humberto.

We don't need them. But they do surface now and then.
[Reply]
Cigahs 10:31 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
:-) Humberto.

We don't need them. But they do surface now and then.
By 'we' I mean Famous Smoke Shop.

I might come on here from time to time to announce some sort of special / auction / closeout / etc.. But those times are few and far between and, I believe, are posted in the appropriate forum(s).

I don't think anyone else in the company is active on this board.

Humberto
[Reply]
biggbob 03:56 PM 02-05-2014
I just tried a test flight of 9 sticks for ~$15. 3x rob, toro, churchill.

The robustos are decent for a driving-the-car cigar. The toros and churches are awful. At least i found them to be awful.

They have some robusto 5ers for ~$10 and i might someday get some more of them from a mashup sale but i wont be getting any boxes of these.

I do have to say, at ~#15 for 9 sticks, its basically a risk-free trial.

bob
[Reply]
NPRCHRISTOS 06:00 AM 02-09-2014
OK...time for my 2 cents...

I have gotta these sticks several times from Famous Smokes and just love them. Just finishing up a recently purchased 9 pack of my own and I need to order some more.

When I first saw these on Famous, high rating and low price, I was also a bit skeptical. But after I got my first 5 pack of Robustos for $10 on the auction site I was hooked.

Every time I order from Famous I'll pick up a Box or pack of these, can't beat the value.....

I just hope they don't get to popular so the price can stay low....
[Reply]
dijit 07:52 AM 02-09-2014
I have always enjoyed the Iron Horse line and when I order from famous try to get a 5-er with the order. I find them much better after about 6 mo's aging
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up