Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Little Havana Overrun 3 toro
Don Fernando 01:47 AM 06-24-2011
This is another Holts exclusive cigar by Don Pepin Garcia, there are many more like the Tatuaje Verocu #9, Fumadores, Casa Royale and Old Henry. I guess it pays to own both the Ashton brand and Holts and have Don Pepin blend and make all the new Ashton cigars. Not that I blame the people behind Ashton and Holts, if I was in their shoes I would probably do the same. After smoking the torpedo I wanted more, so before my trip to Florida late last year I asked one of my friends from Philly, who would come down to Florida too, to bring me a bundle of the Little Havana Overrun toro, and he did.

The first thing I notice is that the cigar doesn't have a band. The chocolate brown wrapper is shiny because of the oil and has a lot of veins. The wrapper feels silky. The construction feels good and the cigar has a mild barnyard smell. This 6x50 toro has a good and mild peppery predraw.

I taste a sweet coffee with pepper, full but smooth, and I also taste some wood. The smooth flavors are a bit weird too, I get a little bit of chocolate but it isn't a normal chocolate flavor with some pepper and again, a strange, wood flavor. The exact flavors are hard to describe.

The white pepper slowly grows stronger but fades away soon after that. The cigar gets a little bit of a vegetable flavor, a flavor which I can describe either. Halfway the flavors change, I get wood with herbs and near the end even a minty freshness.

I enjoyed this cigar for ninety minutes. The draw and the burn are good. I got a decent amount of thin smoke. The ash is light colored and firm. The cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Next time I go to the USA I will bring back a few bundles.

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Up