Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje series P robusto
Don Fernando 01:46 AM 06-24-2011
The Tatuaje Series P aka Tatuaje white label is a mixed filler with approximately 60 percent medium and 40 percent long filler in each cigar. All tobacco comes from Nicaragua, which makes it a puro. I had smoked a few in the past, but never reviewed one and as they are discontinued I knew I needed to write a review while I still had a 5x50 robusto from the series P.

The wrapper is chocolate brown and oily but also rough and full of veins. The construction feels consistent but a bit on the soft side. The predraw is fine and I smell some wood.

I get a bit of a sizzling sensation on the tip of my tong and I taste blackberries with wood. After an inch I get more wood and the blackberries don't have that sizzling sensation anymore. The flavors are pleasantly sweet.

The flavors don't develop much, the cigar is quite flat but who cares when the flavors are this good? Near the end the sweet blackberries and the wood become a bit spicy.

This cigar lasted me an hour. The draw is a bit too loose. I got a lot of thick smoke. The dark ash is coarse but firm enough. The burn is great. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? These are discontinued, unfortunately.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
jesseboston81 01:59 AM 06-24-2011
I never tried one of the originals, but I do have a robusto from the new batch of Series P sitting in my vino thanks to a kind and generous BOTL here. I'm going to have to try it soon and see how it stacks up to this review.
[Reply]
Drez 02:05 AM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
I never tried one of the originals, but I do have a robusto from the new batch of Series P sitting in my vino thanks to a kind and generous BOTL here. I'm going to have to try it soon and see how it stacks up to this review.
+1 I was lucky enough to get bombed a couple of these. Hope to try one of them soon!
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:55 PM 06-24-2011
I really dig these. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Up