Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>any info on Santiago Chile?
LostAbbott 04:13 PM 08-24-2012
It looks like I may find myself in Chile around early October. Does anyone know about how smoking works down there and possible places to pick up some sticks? I know there is a fairly new lcdh.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
SteveH 04:34 PM 08-25-2012
Hey man...
I've been lucky to spend some time down there. There's a couple of good spots - where exactly in the city will you be staying ? From what I can recall I still have some business cards to point you in the right direction - but most of them are in the more residential parts of the city.
That said - even if you aren't a wine junky, you must check out Concha y Toro and Santa Rita. They're about 40mins outside of the city, and worth the trip. If possible, book a lunch @ Santa Rita...but be prepped for a 3hr lunch in a beautiful barn. IIRC they're a larger-than-life painting of the Crucifixion, with JC smashing grapes..
Also get a car - the driving is excellent:
[Reply]
RWhisenand 07:57 PM 08-25-2012
I've never been to Chile yet but normally when I travel over seas except for Panama, I normally purchase some sticks at the airport duty free zone. I'm sure that there not selling counterfeits and I'm not stuck looking for a B&M in a new country. I usually make a small purchase when leaving as well, but don't buy that which you don't want to loose.
[Reply]
Up