Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>TV Recommendations
jjirons69 02:25 PM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by 357:
Plasma is a dying breed. I would steer clear of it.
Just my $0.02. While the plasma set is starting to fade, they make for some beautiful TVs. I wouldn't trade my 58" Panny for any set at my Best Buy Magnolia right now. It's calibrated and quite lovely. I'm still amazed at the picture quality, as are friends and family that stop by. To each his own.
[Reply]
equetefue 02:28 PM 07-01-2014
Same here....

In some movies when the scene goes black, the entire room goes pitch black, with not light bleed whatsoever. When calibrated like mine it looks simply amazing.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 02:33 PM 07-01-2014
Thanks for all the info guys. Hopefully I will be able to hit the stores in the next few days to take a look. I have an LG 42" now and its been fantastic since I bought it back in Dec of 2010 so I will definitely take a look at what they offer and compare to some of the other brands like Vizio or Samsung.
[Reply]
tsolomon 02:58 PM 07-01-2014
We have a 55" Samsung LED that has been great. We went to Best Buy and marked off the distance where we view from and the 55" was viewable without having to move your eyes to see everything. A buddy of mine who is really into AV came over and adjusted the color using some DVDs he brought with him. It really toned down the default settings and made a big difference in how things looked. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up