Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>San Cristobal's not from the island.
El Fumador 03:25 PM 11-09-2009
So I smoked a Guarijo san cristobal 2 weeks ago and loved it. So I ordered a box, and saw the high 93 rating on the monumento's so i ordered those instead. Then I realized how big the cigar is which kind of bothers me and at the same time I can live with it. I have a chance to change the order since this shop only ships out on tuesdays and thursdays, are these worth buying or should I change the order to the classico's. Haven't smoked a many of these so wondering if someone could shed some light on these cigars.
[Reply]
tobii3 03:35 PM 11-09-2009
I love San Cristobals.

ALL sizes of them!!!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:44 PM 11-09-2009
I'd say smoke the size you like. Size does matter, imho
[Reply]
srduggins 03:56 PM 11-09-2009
Now that's a nice problem to have. I smoked the new blend last Friday and thought it was pretty darn good. A bit stronger at the end and much less sweet. I smoked the Guajiro yesterday and enjoyed that one quite a bit too. Got started with this line with the Fransisco and also smoked the lancero. I've got a classico waiting in the humi, but haven't tried it yet. Now isn't that a lot of help? I'd stick with what you liked before (the Guajiro) or what you have time to smoke (the Classico). So far everything I've smoked in this line has been really, really good. So I don't think you can go too far wrong. (And just forget about which vitola got a higher rating).
[Reply]
Chemyst 03:57 PM 11-09-2009
They are great smokes.
I have 2 boxes of them, Clasicos and Guajiros, and
a bunch of singles of various size.
If I had the time to smoke Monumentos, I would.
But, I usually don't have that much time.

You could always cut an inch off, before you light it.
No crime, there.

The papaguyo is a very nice size, too.

Haven't had a chance to smoke the new SC del Sols, yet.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:57 PM 11-09-2009
There is not that big a difference in size. The Monumento is a half inch longer with just a slightly larger rg. 49 as opposed to 46. I tend to prefer the Monumento.
[Reply]
El Fumador 04:10 PM 11-09-2009
thanks for all the input, i'm in maui so the time change might hinder me from changing if they closed shop. I'll stick with the monumento's and hope I like the decision I made, and if not you'll see them on the WTB. But I like the guajiro so much it suprised me how much I like it, I got excited when I saw the monumento's. Me and the other CA boys in Maui sit around for 2 hours anyway on ASH wednesday's so I guess I'll survive.
[Reply]
dannyboy 04:31 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by El Fumador:
thanks for all the input, i'm in maui so the time change might hinder me from changing if they closed shop. I'll stick with the monumento's and hope I like the decision I made, and if not you'll see them on the WTB. But I like the guajiro so much it suprised me how much I like it, I got excited when I saw the monumento's. Me and the other CA boys in Maui sit around for 2 hours anyway on ASH wednesday's so I guess I'll survive.
We can just smoke 2 cigars while you smoke your one :-):-)
[Reply]
tobii3 05:25 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by El Fumador:
...saw the high 93 rating on the monumento's so i ordered those instead.
As bad as this might sound, Don't smoke a rating.

Smoke what you like, not what some pretentious snob who gets ""essences and nuances of 7 year old burnt madagascar vanilla"" out of the whopping one inch of cigar they smoked before rating it.

Hope that came across the right way....:-)
[Reply]
El Fumador 09:44 PM 11-09-2009
oh no, i know I just got carried away. Not familiar with the cigar so I just started pushing buttons. I left a message to change to the classico's, because that's a size I love. So hopefully they will accamodate. If not I'm stuck with a big size. Oh well.
[Reply]
El Fumador 04:07 AM 11-16-2009
I switched to the classico's should get em in soon.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 08:06 AM 11-16-2009
These seem nice. And the reviews say they are pretty good too. Now I just need to find a deal out there on a sampler. Any one know of any links?
[Reply]
tobii3 10:19 AM 11-16-2009
you looking for a fiver or the 7 stick sampler??
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:39 AM 11-16-2009
I would go with 5 most likely.
[Reply]
tobii3 12:17 PM 11-16-2009
Bonita Smoke Shop
[Reply]
Chemyst 05:43 PM 11-16-2009
Holts has the 7 cigar sampler.
That 7 cigar sampler was an immediate buy,
after trying one at Holts' downtown store.
SCs are in my top 5 smokes. A spicy Ashton,
and oh sooo gooood!

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 05:50 PM 11-16-2009
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Shaddup Chemyst!!! You'll cause a frenzy!!!!!

:-)
[Reply]
Up