Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>El Titan de Bronze My Way Dark Habano corona
borndead1 10:18 PM 07-02-2024
5.75" x 48

I've enjoyed quite a few Warped cigars recently that are made at this famous factory in Miami. So I was curious to try some of their own blends. I grabbed a fiver of these and 2 other blends.

This is a very well constructed cigar with a flawless maduro wrapper and a pigtail cap. I've always liked pigtail caps for some reason.

First few draws...a noticeable sweetness on the draw. Typical maduro flavors of cocoa and coconut through the nose and on the finish. The first thing that hits me with this cigar is the depth of the flavors. I call it 'the thing', and it's the closest that a non-Cuban cigar can come to 'the twang'. It's more of a sensation on the palate than an identifiable flavor. Perfect draw.

About 1" in...the maduro flavors are still present, but a distinct floral flavor has come in. It's very nice. The aroma coming from the foot as I type is amazing. The sweetness has intensified, and is now present all the way through the finish. One minor burn correction.

About 2" in...good lord, what a fantastic smoke. Dominant flavors are the same on the draw and through the nose, but a very strong earthy flavor has come in on the finish. And I mean VERY earthy. Like dirt. But surprisingly, it's not a bad flavor at all. Solid medium 'strength', very smooth through the nose. Slow, even burn.

Around halfway...the earthy flavor has mysteriously disappeared, and the maduro flavor profile has solidified. Even burn. Depth of flavor is incredible for a NC. I am digging this cigar. Like, A LOT. Another minor burn correction.

A little past halfway...dominant flavors are still the same, but a nice anise flavor has come in on the finish. Anise is a flavor that I don't like generally, but as an accent flavor in a cigar, I dig it.

Toward the end...unfortunately, I'm getting some ammonia at about 1.5", so I let this cigar die.

Final thoughts...I'm gonna let the remaining 4 cigars rest for a few months and try another.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:35 AM 07-03-2024
Hope the next one is even better, Mark. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:52 PM 07-03-2024
Sounds like another to add to my "To try" list.
[Reply]
MaytagMan 08:29 PM 07-04-2024
TFTR! I've liked others that I've had from ETdB in the past, so I will add this to mylist for the future!
[Reply]
Up