Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>How rare are opus x and padrons
BigBruce 02:49 PM 01-15-2009
Went to the local b&m here and he had quite a few opus x's and padron anny's. I know when I was overseas I could not hardly find these cigars online. Just wondering how rare or hard to find these cigars are.
[Reply]
Yazzie 02:51 PM 01-15-2009
Not hard to find at all IMHO, although a lot of B&M's will jack up the price from MSRP
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 02:54 PM 01-15-2009
I was duped into believing these were rare when I first got into this hobby. Duped by someone who worked in an overpriced B&M. Stupid me bought them everytime I seen them...way above MSRP. Certain Opus are rare, Chili Peppers, and some others, but in general...not that hard to come by.
[Reply]
md4958 02:54 PM 01-15-2009
I dont think they are exceptionally rare, just pricey... which may turn off many retailers. Certain Anniversaries like the 80th are harder to come by because they have very limited amounts produced (i think 1000 per day rolled by one or two rollers), those sticks retail around $30 though
[Reply]
zmancbr 02:54 PM 01-15-2009
Depends on which Opus X... a lot of the B&Ms will get them in 1-3 times a year and they sell pretty quick... but they still aren't too tough to find close to MSRP.

If you are looking for the more elusive opus, then it gets tougher to find. This year however seems to be a good year for rarer Fuente stuff as many store got lots of things like BTLs, Opus Petit Lanceros, and other things that aren't out there as much.
[Reply]
Silound 04:01 PM 01-15-2009
Any shop with a good standing Padron account that orders a high enough dollar amount per year can order 1926/1964 lines. I understand from the rep that Padron 40th/80th are shipped to the higher dollar accounts first, since they're harder to come by (300 rolled per day I was told, one buncher/binder, one roller). However, as far as I can see, Padron doesn't really limit the number of people who can order, nor how much you order, as long as your money is good.

Opus is far more difficult for a shop to come by, because getting an account right now requires you to be put on a list and then when an account closes, they select a new one off the list. Getting on the list....I assume that means sell a lot of Fuente product, but I don't really know. No one is going to close an Opus account anyway, unless the shop closes or changes ownership and the new owners piss off Fuente.

Regardless, there are enough shops that carry Opus that you can find some somewhere at MSRP. Usually there are many helpful BOTLs that will sell some to you at cost if they have them locally.
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 04:06 PM 01-15-2009
Agreed, the Padrons for me were fairly easy, even overseas... the opus' i've only come across in WTS.
[Reply]
CigaSkills9 04:56 PM 01-15-2009
Silound, Sir that was an awesome and very correct reply. Hats off to you !
[Reply]
Cigary 05:52 PM 01-15-2009
I have a source for some Opus cigars for these:
We have Perfection x for $12.50 super belicoso for $16.90 and A for $35.50

PM me and I will give you the name of the company,,,and yes, they are very reputable.
[Reply]
Up