Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>7 year old takes family car.
nozero 05:04 PM 07-31-2009
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...33707#32233707

Not bad driving for a 7 year old's first time, aside from the stop signs.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:20 PM 07-31-2009
I agree, he did a nice job driving...for a seven year old.
[Reply]
DPD6030 09:49 PM 07-31-2009
Not bad at all. Heck drives better than some I know.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 09:56 PM 07-31-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Not bad at all. Heck drives better than some I know.
Steve don't drive that bad does he?:-):-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:09 PM 07-31-2009
no comment:-)
[Reply]
alley00p 11:33 PM 07-31-2009
Well, I have a comment, and it's not "nice driving".

[RANT]
While watching the video report of the whole family sitting there, smiling as if "Oh well, it came out ok", I wanted to take that Dad and punch him! What I saw was a spoiled little brat, with over-permissive parents.

Having had a member of my family get T-boned by some doofus who ran a red light while he was busy changing a CD and who wasn't paying attention to his driving, I wasn't amused in the least. The Dad sounded as if he was actually proud of the kid, just relieved that the kid returned home.

If the Police showed up at my house and could show me that my 7 year-old (and I've had 4 of them) took my car for a joyride in the morning like that and forced them into a pursuit, I would have urged them to take him into the station and let him sit in a cell for a while. And his punishment wouldn't be "grounded for 4 days and no TV or video games".

The whole family all looked pretty happy with their 15 minutes of fame, though. Maybe the kid will be the basis of a new reality show - Steal a car for a joyride, but don't kill anyone while leading the police in a high speed chase" - It might rank up there with Idol and Dancing with the Stars.

Sorry guys, I didn't find this whole incident very funny at all.
[/RANT]

[Reply]
SchizoFilly 12:09 AM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
Well, I have a comment, and it's not "nice driving".

[RANT]
While watching the video report of the whole family sitting there, smiling as if "Oh well, it came out ok", I wanted to take that Dad and punch him! What I saw was a spoiled little brat, with over-permissive parents.

Having had a member of my family get T-boned by some doofus who ran a red light while he was busy changing a CD and who wasn't paying attention to his driving, I wasn't amused in the least. The Dad sounded as if he was actually proud of the kid, just relieved that the kid returned home.

If the Police showed up at my house and could show me that my 7 year-old (and I've had 4 of them) took my car for a joyride in the morning like that and forced them into a pursuit, I would have urged them to take him into the station and let him sit in a cell for a while. And his punishment wouldn't be "grounded for 4 days and no TV or video games".

The whole family all looked pretty happy with their 15 minutes of fame, though. Maybe the kid will be the basis of a new reality show - Steal a car for a joyride, but don't kill anyone while leading the police in a high speed chase" - It might rank up there with Idol and Dancing with the Stars.

Sorry guys, I didn't find this whole incident very funny at all.
[/RANT]

I am with you....how is this kid able to sit down after that....if I had done that at 7 I wouldn't have been able to....and he gets to be on TV for this....but poor kid doesn't get to watch himself on TV because he's grounded from it
[Reply]
Jimbo14 06:06 AM 08-01-2009
Haha that was great. Very impressive for a 7 year old.
[Reply]
Ratters 11:22 AM 08-01-2009
Grounded for FOUR DAYS! Man, I woulda been beat to within an inch of my life and grounded for at least a month. And would have deserved it.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:32 AM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Grounded for FOUR DAYS! Man, I woulda been beat to within an inch of my life and grounded for at least a month. And would have deserved it.
:-)

Nice driving though.
[Reply]
ucla695 11:37 AM 08-01-2009
Must be all of the Gran Tourismo he plays. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:57 AM 08-01-2009
The parents definitely feel like this is their 15 minutes of fame. Obviously this shows the downfall of American parenting. A kid steals a car, gets into a police chase and then takes off running when he finally gets stopped and the parents punishment is 4 (not 40, not 400, but 4) days. This is absolutely absurd, the parents act like the kid didn't do anything wrong and that it was more of a joke. Their parenting is the joke. :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 12:02 PM 08-01-2009
Wow...not bad at all.
[Reply]
Up