Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>RIP Bruce Rossmeyer
floydpink 07:25 AM 07-31-2009
Bruce Rossmeyer, owner of Harley Davidson's largest dealership in Daytona Beach along with 14 other stores died yesterday after getting hit on the highway in Wyoming on the way to the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota.
[Reply]
TripleF 07:36 AM 07-31-2009
Ohhhh, that's terrible. RIP Bruce.
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:59 AM 07-31-2009
RIP.
[Reply]
N2Advnture 08:42 AM 07-31-2009
RIP brother!

FYI -

Originally Posted by :
Rossmeyer, 66, was traveling in the western part of the state in Sweetwater County on Highway 28 about 11 a.m. with five other motorcyclists when they came up to a pickup pulling a camp trailer and tried to pass, according to the Wyoming Highway Patrol.

"The pickup slowed and activated his left signal," Lt. Shawn Dickerson said. "Four of the motorcycles passed to the left . . . When Mr. Rossmeyer attempted to pass, the truck made its left turn and he hit the driver's side door. The sixth motorcycle swerved to the right and avoided collision."

[Reply]
MedicCook 10:11 AM 07-31-2009
My thoughts go out to his family.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:57 AM 07-31-2009
R.I.P. to a fellow rider.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:58 AM 07-31-2009
I'm sorry to hear this.

R.I.P.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 12:08 PM 07-31-2009
So sad. Drivers, watch out for motorcyclists. They don't have roll cages and air bags to protect them. Whenever I see a motorcycle, I try to give them plenty of space.
[Reply]
macpappy 07:56 AM 08-01-2009
Quote:
Rossmeyer, 66, was traveling in the western part of the state in Sweetwater County on Highway 28 about 11 a.m. with five other motorcyclists when they came up to a pickup pulling a camp trailer and tried to pass, according to the Wyoming Highway Patrol.

"The pickup slowed and activated his left signal," Lt. Shawn Dickerson said. "Four of the motorcycles passed to the left . . . When Mr. Rossmeyer attempted to pass, the truck made its left turn and he hit the driver's side door. The sixth motorcycle swerved to the right and avoided collision."
End Quote

My sympathies to all the families who have lost loved ones in this tragic accident.

Does anyone have more information on this? If the pickup slowed down and activated his left turn signal then wouldn't that indicate the truck was about to make a left turn?

There's got to be more information on this...
[Reply]
mojo65 03:49 PM 08-01-2009
sounds like Mr Rossmeyer made a fatal error in judgment.
[Reply]
G G 03:51 PM 08-01-2009
RIP.
[Reply]
kzm007 03:57 PM 08-01-2009
RIP.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:28 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by mojo65:
I kinda thought the same thing. If the truck has his blinker on, passing was not a good idea. Kinda surprising considering the miles he has ridden.

Just guessing, but it seems possible he was following the pack, which is another bad judgement if the pack is doing a lot of passing in my opinion.

Personally, I don't like to ride with people who don't ride safe and if someone's in a hurry, I let them know I'll catch up to them later, maybe.

I always ride with the assumption that the driver doesn't see me.

I met Bruce 5 years ago at Destination Daytona and he was quite a character, in a good way.
[Reply]
Darrell 05:14 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by mojo65:
Agreed, but it seems like poor taste to cite it here.

Regardless of judgment now someone is without a husband, father, grandfather, etc.

Again, Rest in Peace.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:19 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Agreed, but it seems like poor taste to cite it here.

Regardless of judgment now someone is without a husband, father, grandfather, etc.

Again, Rest in Peace.
My sentiments, too, Darrell. RIP.
[Reply]
Up