Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>La Gloria Cubana Series R / Series N. Anybody smoke these?
ysr_racer 10:42 PM 02-02-2012
Can anybody that smokes these tell me what the difference is, taste wise?
[Reply]
Big Maduro 10:58 PM 02-02-2012
Iv'e had both. The Serie N is my favorite cigar. I get chocolate, coffee and a little pepper on the finnish. They just seem very flavorful to me. I like the JSB size.
[Reply]
lenguamor 11:07 PM 02-02-2012
The "R" is bold, in your face. The "N" just a bit more subtle.

Both are phenomenal but when I reach for one or the other, my choice is always the "R".
[Reply]
ninjavanish 07:25 AM 02-03-2012
Primarily the wrappers... but there are some other details that differentiate them.

The Serie N is an Oscuro wrapper while the Serie R is going to be either an Ecuadorian Sumatra or a Broadleaf Maduro.

Serie N I find to have slightly less body than Serie R but a richer semi-sweet chocolate/espresso type flavor.

The Serie R seems to have slightly more body and a bit more spice.

Also, though the Serie N is rolled in the DR, it's mostly Nicaraguan tobacco. (The only leaf that isn't is the Oscuro wrapper from Ecuador)

The Serie R, also rolled in the DR, has Ecuadorian, Nicaraguan and Dominican tobacco.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:56 AM 02-03-2012
I think they are both great full bodied smokes. May need to dig in my humi for some.
[Reply]
kuzi16 07:01 AM 02-06-2012
i am a big fan of the R. its a full bodied round flavor that i am a huge fan of.

the N is a lot more coffee if you ask me and there is a spice in there that for some reason i dont feel fits well with the blend. its not an in your face spice so it isnt a make or break for me.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:33 AM 02-06-2012
I really enoy the R...lots more flavor and a little stronger. IMHO I thought the N was a flop. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:39 AM 02-06-2012
I agree with Mac that the R is more flavorful and a little stronger. One of my favorite cigars. I would not go so far as to say that the N was a flop, but I would not purchase the N again...

Like "they" say: smoke what you like, like what you smoke! :-)
[Reply]
Up