Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>xbox live wireless
acruce 01:56 PM 12-26-2009
I am wanting to set up my kids xbox wireless. The xbox wireless adapter is rather expensive. Do I have to use that adapter or or can I use any wireless adapter?
[Reply]
Footbag 02:08 PM 12-26-2009
You CAN go wired.
[Reply]
acruce 02:14 PM 12-26-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
You CAN go wired.
Yea , but router is in the bedroom and the xbox console is in the game room at the other end of the house. I would have to run wire threw the attic
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 02:26 PM 12-26-2009
I used an old wireless adapter for my son's Xbox for a long time before it crapped out. Anything that will establish a connection to your router should work fine.

MCS
[Reply]
Azpostal 03:45 PM 12-26-2009
Anything will work but I finally purchased the $99 xbox one and it's great. I never lose a connection and it's set up on the other side of the house too.
[Reply]
Calexan 04:04 PM 12-26-2009
Its almost cheaper to find a ethernet over powerline setup. They are on woot all the time and much more stable.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 04:07 PM 12-26-2009
If there's a computer in the same room then you can bridge them. I did this before with my Mac. Search Youtube for videos.
[Reply]
rlmedic 04:17 PM 12-26-2009
A regular USB wireless adapter will not work according to Microsoft. Now that the new X Box N wireless adapter is out the G adapter should become much cheaper and will work fine. I have the X Box G wireless adapter and my router is upstairs and the X Box is downstairs and it never lags and also plays netflix movies without a problem...hope this helps
[Reply]
Up