Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Review: Smell My Truck!
RGD. 02:03 PM 12-13-2009
SEE THE RELATED PRODUCT POST HERE.

Awhile back Dave (N3uka) told me about a product that is a surface application for vehicles that fights odors. It sounded extremely interesting and so we got together and treated my truck with the stuff. I do smoke in my truck (I average about 8 cigars a day), normally with the windows down and use different sprays to reduce the smell since I can't keep up with the monthly shampoos like I use to. So here is the deal:

The product:

The truck (Ford F350 Crew Cab):

The application:

The scoop:

The product went on very easy, it's an aerosol. The caution here is not to linger at all. You are not applying paint - you just need a fast mist. So clean the surface to be treated, grab a small piece of cardboard and a damp microfiber towel and a dry one. You want to avoid glass and anything else you don't want to treat. Think about applying Armour All or similar product. If you would not apply that type of product to certain parts then you don't want this there either.

So use the dry microfiber to dust where you are getting ready to spay, and then using the cardboard (or towels in strategic spots would work also) hold the can about 12 TO 16" or so away and start spraying. Keep moving - don't stop and spray. Again you just want to mist it. Spray an area and then just to see if you got it to heavy, runs or on a surface that you didn't want it on. Use the damp cloth so smooth and remove. It's really a whole lot easier then I might make it sound.

The product dries really fast. Within a few minutes. Treating my whole truck didn't take but maybe 10 or 12 minutes. Two coats are recommended so Dave watched as I had a smoke on the porch and we sampled some rum he brought along. Second coat went even faster than the first as already had some practice. I did not elect to treat my seats. As I have the King Ranch edition, the leather on these seats is straight off the cow and I need to moisturize them.

Sooooooo - the big question - how well does it work.

The days following the application were very cloudy - even so it did it's job. Once the sun came out it worked even better. Now this is not like opening the door and spraying something and it covers up asap. Give it time to work.

As a test I would leave a lit cigar in the tray, close the windows and shut it up. Heck I even let my wife smoke her nasty cigarettes with the window barley opened.

Results: It smells like well - nothing. No perfume cover up smells. It just smells neutral when I get in the truck now. I have had several of my non-smoking friends get in the truck, shut the doors and tell me what it smells like. Again - they say, well nothing - it's just a plain ole neutral type smell is the best I can describe. I have driven to a job site - left the cigar burning - come back hours later - and - nothing.

It's suppose to last a year - don't know yet as I have only had it in for about 4 weeks. But it looking good.

In addition - it's not just for cigar type smoke - use for dogs, kids, work related odors you might pick up. I have a shell on the back of the truck with a Bed Rug and various tools, hydraulic oils, mud, water etc. I plan on treating the entire area to see what it does there. I do have windows - but they are tinted so we will see.

Anyway - right now - thumbs up and a product worth the cost. Contact Dave to get some.

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE INSTALL PICTURES.

Any questions I didn't cover? Just let me know!

Ron
[Reply]
Conch Republican 03:06 PM 12-13-2009
Most of my car is cloth interior - same principles as the Armor All?
[Reply]
RGD. 03:43 PM 12-13-2009
Originally Posted by Conch Republican:
Most of my car is cloth interior - same principles as the Armor All?

Upholstery is fine. To clarify my statement - not on items such as the clear plastic on the instrument panel, on my head unit, steering wheel, windows, etc.

So seats, floors etc- okay.

Ron
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:05 PM 12-13-2009
So you can't smell your leather seats either?
[Reply]
RGD. 06:28 PM 12-13-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
So you can't smell your leather seats either?

Nope. But apparently I was the only one that liked smelling it anyway. Donna and the girls hated it.

Ron
[Reply]
kydsid 06:38 PM 12-13-2009
Do the little red switches fire missiles from the bumper just like 007's Aston?

BTW, nice review and very interesting product.
[Reply]
RGD. 07:11 PM 12-13-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Do the little red switches fire missiles from the bumper just like 007's Aston?

BTW, nice review and very interesting product.
No - Missiles are illegal in Virginia. Instead the red switches fire PPRG's. Particle Plasma Rail Guns - front and rear mounted - stunning accuracy. And yes I do have a concealed carry permit so it's perfectly fine.

:-)

Ron
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:08 AM 12-21-2009
Ron, Great review of this product!!!:-)

I'll have to find me some!!!

[Reply]
Up