Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>OK, That Was A Bit Of A Shock!
The Poet 12:02 PM 12-08-2012
A guy, a local customer, just stopped by to pick up a few cases of wine. Nothing unusual in that. He parked just outside so we could load them into the trunk . . . OF HIS BRAND-NEW BURGUNDY TESLA!

Georgeous machine. Hell, I never thought I'd get to see one of those, much less touch one. A real shocker.
[Reply]
shilala 12:20 PM 12-08-2012
I didn't think they were even out yet. I read something about them at anandtech a couple weeks ago and got the sense they were months away.
Dig up a pic, will ya Thomas?
[Reply]
Mattso3000 12:28 PM 12-08-2012

Did it look like this?
[Reply]
The Poet 12:38 PM 12-08-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:

Did it look like this?
Nah, it was the sedan/coupe model, and looked sort of a cross between an Aston-Martin and some of the Jags out there.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 12:41 PM 12-08-2012
Yeah, that one is the new Roadster...not exactly available. I asked my wife for one, she said no:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:46 PM 12-08-2012
I googled it. It was the Model S.

http://www.teslamotors.com/models
[Reply]
RWhisenand 01:31 PM 12-08-2012
Neat! I race SCCA, and there is a gentleman who brings his Tesla to the track. The thing is incredibly fast, and freakishly quiet.
[Reply]
OLS 10:19 AM 12-09-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
A real shocker.
Anyone else catch this pun?
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:24 AM 12-09-2012
I've seen a couple pop up lately. They are seriously sick looking cars!
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 11:12 AM 12-09-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
I find it best not to encourage Thomas:-)
[Reply]
gorob23 11:54 AM 12-09-2012
A guy, a local customer, just stopped by to pick up a few cases of wine. Nothing unusual in that. He parked just outside so we could load them into the trunk . . . OF HIS BRAND-NEW BURGUNDY TESLA!

Georgeous machine. Hell, I never thought I'd get to see one of those, much less touch one. A real shocker.
Don't be so shocked the guy has a nice car but not a bit of nothing :-)

Rob :-)
[Reply]
omowasu 12:47 PM 12-09-2012
A guy in the village by me has a Tesla Roadster. It is indeed a really cool car - I am always skeptical as to how they will hold up over time, especially with all the crappy roads and weather around here. I guess if money is no object, it doesnt matter.

I dont consider Consumer Reports a total car authority, but they did get one to evaluate and it completely stopped functioning in the parking lot and had to go back to Tesla...
[Reply]
mjdx88 02:14 PM 12-09-2012
I'll have to keep my eyes open for this guy. What wine shop do you work at/ own?
[Reply]
The Poet 01:05 PM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
I got it. :-)

Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
I find it best not to encourage Thomas:-)
Who says your dumb, Jerry! :-)

Originally Posted by mjdx88:
I'll have to keep my eyes open for this guy. What wine shop do you work at/ own?
PM sent, brother. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:46 PM 12-10-2012
I'll have to keep my eyes open for this guy

You know this area, Mike, and know how much money's around (I have none of it, but so it goes). Beemer, Benz, Audi, Lexus, Porsche, they're as thick as fleas. There's nothing odd about seeing a Rolls, Bentley, Ferrari, Aston-Martin, or Lambo out tooling around. But a Tesla's gotta be as rare as hen's teeth most places. Hell, Musk has been struggling for YEARS to fill backorders!
[Reply]
Dave128 02:00 PM 12-10-2012
Sweet ride! The price is much less than I would expect.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:21 PM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by Dave128:
Sweet ride! The price is much less than I would expect.
And much much more than I could afford. :-)

Still, with what you save on gas, you could recoup the cost . . . in about 50 years. :-)
[Reply]
mjdx88 04:10 PM 12-10-2012
You know this area, Mike, and know how much money's around (I have none of it, but so it goes). Beemer, Benz, Audi, Lexus, Porsche, they're as thick as fleas. There's nothing odd about seeing a Rolls, Bentley, Ferrari, Aston-Martin, or Lambo out tooling around. But a Tesla's gotta be as rare as hen's teeth most places. Hell, Musk has been struggling for YEARS to fill backorders!
yeah the tesla is pretty rare for the area....shouldnt be too hard to spot! Although you dont really hear them go by..... :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:12 PM 12-10-2012
yeah the tesla is pretty rare for the area....shouldnt be too hard to spot! Although you dont really hear them go by..... :-)

:-)

Next time I see him, I'll ask him to toot the horn . . . or maybe stick a playing card in the spokes. :-)
[Reply]
Up