Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Siglo Limited Reserve IV
macpappy 09:02 AM 10-20-2009
Ok. I picked up two of these during my wanderings in September. I think I bought these at a Tinderbox but I may not remember exactly because I visited 4 B&Ms in one day.

Any way, the band says Siglo Limited Reserve. The barcode on the back says Siglo IV Handmade in Nicaragua.

I am looking for some more information on these. I can't find anything on the internet because what I do find, the band doesn't match. Cohiba has a Siglo Limited Reserve but the band is different.

Anyone have any information?

By the way, the first one I smoked was very enjoyable with no burn profiles or bad taste. I didn't take notes but I will when I smoke this one.
Attached: Sligo_LtdReserve_IV.jpg (81.3 KB) 
[Reply]
acarr 10:12 AM 10-20-2009
It is not a Cohiba, it is a new brand of cigar from Altadis.

"The new Siglo Limited Reserve by Altadis is made in Nicaragua with an Ecuadorian Cubano wrapper, a broadleaf Nicaraguan binder, and a blend of filler tobaccos from the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua."
[Reply]
Silound 12:06 AM 10-21-2009
SLR was introduced last year at the IPCPR show. It made its way onto shelves sometime late last year or early this year. Solid smoke, little bit of power to it here and there, not a ton of flavor, excellent construction, very typical of Altadis' products.

This year they introduced the SLR Maduro, which I happen to be very fond of myself. Same blend, but they slapped a rich oily maduro wrapper on the cigars.
[Reply]
silentjon 03:39 AM 10-21-2009
The couple that I smoked had great construction and burn. However, the flavor really didn't do much for me.
[Reply]
AD720 07:18 AM 10-21-2009
I had one and thought it was pretty good. :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 09:41 AM 10-21-2009
I smoked my second one yesterday. The construction and burn was excellent except when I got distracted by a phone call for 10 minutes and it went out. However I relighted it with no problem and there was no bad taste from it sitting.

I liked the pre-light aroma of the SLR IV. But the flavor wasn't what I would call complex. It was good, but I didn't notice too much change from the start to the finish.

Don't remember exactly what I paid for it, but it was in the $5 - $7 range.
[Reply]
Onsto 04:57 PM 06-13-2010
Just turfed one - truly dreadful tasting cigar. Have another one so will wait for the 'camel light' taste to go away (that's precisely what it had me in mind of) and try again another time. Got this in a sampler from Atlantic Cigars that has had some pretty nice stuff in it (I'm not that familiar with NC but since I'm in the US regularly these days it seemed worth expanding the horizons somewhat), but the Altadis Siglo is not my thing AT ALL.
[Reply]
yourchoice 05:08 PM 06-13-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I am looking for some more information on these. I can't find anything on the internet because what I do find, the band doesn't match.
I have never had one, but I do have a JR catalog, and according to it, "The only reason we got a huge shipment of these cigars was a packaging change right at the very outset. So our boxes (actually the "original" originals) look a little different than the ones you see being displayed nationwide."

That may at least explain the different bands and packaging.

EDIT: I realize this is a question that is months old, but I just learned the answer in the last week. :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 10:13 PM 06-13-2010
Got a box of the IV tubos off JR for a decent price. Good smoke, smooth, mild, and for the price just a great cigar to go with morning coffee.
[Reply]
Up