Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Purchasing a TV online?
mariogolbee 11:56 AM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
We have a Samsung 55" LED. We got it from Best Buy. We brought up the Amazon price on the smartphone, the sales person got the manager and he met the price. We were done within 30 minutes.
Sweet! It sounds like a few folks here have had luck with B&M stores matching online prices. I never had any luck with that, but I haven't tried it in a few years. If they are finally starting to adapt to consumer needs there may still be hope for these stores.

I haven't purchased a TV online. I have purchased several items from Amazon and only had one issue with a wrong item costing $120 shipped to me. I was emailed postage and given a refund within a few days.

I was going to make my recent TV purchase from Amazon. I would have happily done so if I hadn't found a TV I liked better from Costco. If I did get my TV from Amazon I would have bought the Square Trade warranty along with it just in case.

Good luck on your purchase.
[Reply]
NeuRon 02:04 PM 04-18-2012
yes, i did the same thing last night at best buy, with a samsung 55 LED slimline smart tv.. they met the best price i could find online, and i got a helluva deal.. all in all, pretty pleased..

price matching rocks!
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:06 PM 04-18-2012
I recently bought a 55" on Amazon.No issues at all.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 05:35 PM 04-18-2012
Samsung makes quality displays, that is for sure.

By the way, the smart tv is starting to make its presence known. This isn't for everyone. But, if you have an Amazon Prime membership or a netflix account, it may be worth looking into. I bought an LG smart tv and love that I have these option native to my tv. Well worth the extra bucks for me. Definitely not for everyone of course.
[Reply]
Dukeuni 05:53 PM 04-18-2012
I purchased my Samsung Plasma over a year ago online. Found a great deal at http://www.us-appliance.com/

Cheap price, great delivery, etc. Only problem with them- they will call you several times for a extended warrant. Cost of the cheap television I guess....
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up