Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Macanudo Maduro Diplomat Cigar Review Video
kaelaria 10:14 PM 02-02-2010

This 4.5×60 perfecto offers a very oily dark chocolate wrapper with very firm construction, minimal veins and a very small cap & shoulder that gave me a bit of trouble cutting as far as unraveling. Draw was very firm, almost plugged, offering little smoke output and somewhat muted flavors. What did come out of it were very nice notes of cream, light tobacco, sweetness and a hint of pepper with a very short clean finish on the first third. The center section required two touch-ups and changed to a very light sweet leather. Getting to the last third the draw suddenly opened up, producing tons of rich creamy smoke, a creamy earthy leather and a good pepper zing. The center section was obviously not constructed properly. Video on the site.
[Reply]
issues 07:02 AM 02-03-2010
Thanks for the review! :-)

Strange, I've never had a problem with the Diplomat and I've smoked several. Normally, the burn is prefect and the draw is a little tight until you get over the hump but not what I would call plugged.

Maybe just a dud? Image

While not a great cigar I have enjoyed them. It's one of my buddy's favorite smokes.

:-)
[Reply]
kaelaria 08:17 AM 02-03-2010
Certainly a dud is possible, this was my only sample. However I have a much higher rate of problems with weird shapes than non.
[Reply]
issues 08:45 AM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by kaelaria:
Certainly a dud is possible, this was my only sample. However I have a much higher rate of problems with weird shapes than non.
I would agree, even box pressed cigars tend to run on me.

Maybe I've just had good luck on these and the Punch Champions. They both have the same shape and I have yet to have an issue with either.
[Reply]
Up