Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Recipes>Went fishing on a 2 day trip, need some recipes
livwire68 03:03 PM 04-20-2009
My Wife, Son and I just got back from a 2 day fishing trip off the coast of Ca. Needless to say fishing was great, mostly rock fish, white fish and a couple ling cod. So I will be eating fish quite a bit this year (Wife limited, so did the Kid and I got at least double that) yea a fishing machine I was! So now I am going to ask for recipes so that we can enjoy the catch! I had so much I gave the neighbor a 2 gallon bag of fillets and about 6 small whole fish. I have broke down about 9 gallon bags worth of fillets for us and a bag of small whole fish.
[Reply]
TripleF 03:26 PM 04-20-2009
Congrats bro!!!

All I do, crumble up some Saltines (the ones we used to eat with Campbells tomato soup when we were kids) real, real fine. Add your dry seasoning here - whatever you like, spicy, generic, etc. Mix it up real good with a fork.

Get the griddle hot with some cooking oil.

Cracks open a few eggs. Scramble 'em up.

Dip the fish in the eggs, dip the fish in the crackers seasonings, drop in the oil. Let cook for a couple minutes. Cool a little and enjoy!! :-)

Can I come over? :-)
[Reply]
Dooge 12:38 PM 04-25-2009
Fish and chips.. that's my suggestion. Nothing more.
[Reply]
livwire68 01:28 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by Dooge:
Fish and chips.. that's my suggestion. Nothing more.
I think we can manage that!
[Reply]
adampc22 01:44 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by livwire68:
I think we can manage that!
the secret is in the bater
[Reply]
livwire68 02:12 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
the secret is in the bater
The first time I made it, it was great. Then I made it for Andy and had problems, then again the other night (no Andy) and no problems. Im begining to think its not my batter its Andy:-)
[Reply]
adampc22 02:57 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by livwire68:
The first time I made it, it was great. Then I made it for Andy and had problems, then again the other night (no Andy) and no problems. Im begining to think its not my batter its Andy:-)

aviod andy at all costs then lol just kiding
[Reply]
GWN 07:00 PM 04-25-2009
Batter comprised of pancake mix and Guinness then fry in oil. Yum.
[Reply]
Dooge 10:41 AM 04-27-2009
Well... Scottish was there the night we had problems too... and his name is Andy too... I too blame him.
[Reply]
fishstix 02:10 PM 04-27-2009
Beer battered then fried is my favorite when it comes to bottom fish (especially Lings).

Serve it up with some spicy mustard or tartar sauce.
[Reply]
Drat 02:15 PM 04-27-2009
Add some fresh grated parmesian to the bread crumbs before frying, it really brings a whole new flavor to the fried fish.

California rockfish are great for fish tacos. Pan fry in a little butter and some fresh minced garlic, put into a soft taco shell with your favorite fixin's and nom nom nom!
[Reply]
livwire68 04:34 PM 04-27-2009
Originally Posted by Drat:
Add some fresh grated parmesian to the bread crumbs before frying, it really brings a whole new flavor to the fried fish.

California rockfish are great for fish tacos. Pan fry in a little butter and some fresh minced garlic, put into a soft taco shell with your favorite fixin's and nom nom nom!
I have had fish tacos 3 times since the trip a little over a week ago, but im not complaining :-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:27 PM 04-27-2009
Sounds like a great time was had! As Scott said, just keep it simple. Of course as an alternative, just send me a couple of plane tickets and I'll come over and fix them for you...
:-) :-):-)
[Reply]
adampc22 10:37 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Dooge:
Well... Scottish was there the night we had problems too... and his name is Andy too... I too blame him.
it should have been awesome then thay batter everything in scotland like mars bars and kerlie werlies
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 01:37 PM 04-28-2009
fish tacos equal easy good eating. marinate the fish in lime juice, olive oil and fresh cilantro
fut into 1.5 inch by 3.5 inch fingers and qrill quickly turning with a pair of tongs. put on warm corn tortillias with some fresh salsa and a little guacamole...........don't forget the Pacifico with lime though!
[Reply]
livwire68 05:19 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
it should have been awesome then thay batter everything in scotland like mars bars and kerlie werlies
We did Oreo's and twinkies!
[Reply]
Dooge 06:10 PM 04-28-2009
oh yes, yes we did!

Next we shall have to try mars bars and snickers... maybe some other things we can think of.
[Reply]
SteveDMatt 06:31 PM 06-19-2009
Grilled rockfish with some salt, pepper and garlic powder is like the steak of fish. Slide a little butter over it when it's done so the butter doesn't burn and enjoy.
[Reply]
Up