Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Famous Smoke Shop mess up again!!
Tuxguy 03:44 PM 06-28-2010
We extend our sincerest apologies to the Rico family, makers of Gran Habano cigars. On Saturday, June 26th, Cigar Monster offered Gran Habano Corojo #5 Imperiales for $34.98 a box. This price is substantially below our own cost, and appeared due to a copy/paste error by one of Cigar Monster's minions. We've taken measures to ensure it won't happen again.

Yours Truly, CigarMonster

I jumped on this deal! So know what?
[Reply]
BlackDog 03:54 PM 06-28-2010
Probably should read "ex-minion." :-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 03:56 PM 06-28-2010
I saw that too on the Monster today....... i was no-where near a computer saturday or I would have snagged them myself!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:57 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by Tuxguy:
We extend our sincerest apologies to the Rico family, makers of Gran Habano cigars. On Saturday, June 26th, Cigar Monster offered Gran Habano Corojo #5 Imperiales for $34.98 a box. This price is substantially below our own cost, and appeared due to a copy/paste error by one of Cigar Monster's minions. We've taken measures to ensure it won't happen again.

You will probably get your cigars.

I think they either posted this message on their website as they probably have a contract with the Ricos in which they are not to sell the cigars below a certain price or to prevent other retailers from asking questions to Rico why Famous could sell the cigars so cheap.
[Reply]
Tuxguy 03:58 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
You will probably get your cigars.

I think they either posted this message on their website as they probably have a contract with the Ricos in which they are not to sell the cigars below a certain price or to prevent other retailers from asking questions to Rico why Famous could sell the cigars so cheap.
Makes sense!
[Reply]
Tuxguy 04:05 PM 06-28-2010
It does look like Famous is sending them out at that price. Way to go Famous for keeping your word
[Reply]
Brad 04:07 PM 06-28-2010
Famous is a stand up place, I have never had any issues with them at all, and their shipping costs are very reasonable (unlike some other vendors out there).
[Reply]
bobarian 05:04 PM 06-28-2010
Mistakes happen, once they had a problem where everything listed was at $1.00 or something ridiculous like that. Every few seconds a new offer would come up and be sold out. A few days later they sent out emails to everyone noting the error and they would not be receiving the cigars purchased. But you never know they may or may not honor the mistake. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:23 PM 06-28-2010
Damn, I wish I had seen this offer.
[Reply]
Cigahs 06:46 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by Tuxguy:

We're biting the bullet on this one. If you checked out succesfully on the site, you're getting your cigars.

Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
The Ricos were at our annual Cigar Expo as the deal came through on George's iPhone. He expressed his understandable dismay but it was too late to kill the deal. We're not under any legal contract with the Ricos. But we have a fantastic relationship with them and certainly don't want to hurt their business in any way. Hence, a public apology seemed more than appropriate.

Originally Posted by bobarian:
Mistakes happen, once they had a problem where everything listed was at $1.00 or something ridiculous like that. Every few seconds a new offer would come up and be sold out. A few days later they sent out emails to everyone noting the error and they would not be receiving the cigars purchased.
When did this happen?
[Reply]
Gophernut 08:27 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Mistakes happen, once they had a problem where everything listed was at $1.00 or something ridiculous like that. Every few seconds a new offer would come up and be sold out. A few days later they sent out emails to everyone noting the error and they would not be receiving the cigars purchased. But you never know they may or may not honor the mistake. :-)
I seem to remember this too, but for some reason I was thinking it was Cigars International, not Famous. I am probably wrong though.
[Reply]
sikk50 10:07 AM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by Cigahs:
We're biting the bullet on this one. If you checked out succesfully on the site, you're getting your cigars.

The Ricos were at our annual Cigar Expo as the deal came through on George's iPhone. He expressed his understandable dismay but it was too late to kill the deal. We're not under any legal contract with the Ricos. But we have a fantastic relationship with them and certainly don't want to hurt their business in any way. Hence, a public apology seemed more than appropriate.

When did this happen?
Two years ago I think. If I recall they offered everyone to keep their purchases at a reduced price of the msrp. But a lot of people had bought like 999 of everything so their were some pretty high invoices going out.
[Reply]
klipsch 04:42 PM 06-29-2010
I've ended up with some great sticks because of Famous Smoke being a stand up company. :-)
[Reply]
dyieldin 05:38 PM 06-29-2010
I for one would have jumped on this one for a few. The GH #5 are one of my favs.
[Reply]
Up