Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>End of an era
RevSmoke 10:08 PM 08-28-2013
Well, tomorrow we drop my oldest, Nathan, off at University of Wisconsin. He's thinking of trying out for the rowing team, but we stopped off at the boat house a couple weeks ago and he met a couple of the girl rowers and his comment was, "the girl rowers are bigger than I am, thanks mom (she's 4'9")."

It is the end of having our oldest at home with us.

Tomorrow will be a long drive home from Madison. Keep my wife in your prayers.

We did pack a "few" cigars for him. He wanted "at least" 2 Churchills to smoke while they sat on the curb and watched other freshman move into the dorms.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Robulous78 10:14 PM 08-28-2013
Prayers sent for your wife and son Rev... he'll be fine, and eventually so will be your wife...
[Reply]
Moose6026 10:18 PM 08-28-2013
Best wishes, thoughts and prayers. Change maybe scary but that doesn't mean it's a bad change
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:22 PM 08-28-2013
I am exited about this whole thing. I think I raised him right - he's an independent thinker, but with solid moorings. I will miss him, but this is what we raised him for. It is time for him to go out into the world and make a difference. My prayer is that he sees his education as an opportunity to find his niche to make a difference for others, that their life might be better and (this might be offensive) lead others to see that being in Christ gives us a hope not only for eternity, but for life in this world.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:44 PM 08-28-2013
It's the milestones in life that makes us stop and reflect.
Sending a son or daughter off to college is a moment of mixed emotions.

I share your feelings, Todd. Having done the same with two of my own.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:49 PM 08-28-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
It's the milestones in life that makes us stop and reflect.
Sending a son or daughter off to college is a moment of mixed emotions.

I share your feelings, Todd. Having done the same with two of my own.
Could not have said it better myself. This is the time where I really saw my sons turn from boys to men. I am very proud of them as I am sure you are proud of your children.
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:25 AM 08-29-2013
You and Pauline did good, Todd. Best of luck to Nathan on his next phase.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:07 AM 08-29-2013
Congrats on the milestone Todd.
[Reply]
E.J. 07:59 AM 08-29-2013
Congrats and sending good juju his way!

This is a milestone that is a year away for me....and that I am not anxiously awaiting.
[Reply]
czerbe 08:46 AM 08-29-2013
Sad/Happy times either way you should be proud
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 08:50 AM 08-29-2013
I hope everything is going well. He will be fine. You are a very solid man (from what I see here). If your son even comes any where close to following in your foot steps the world will truely be blessed.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 01:24 PM 08-29-2013
Congrats Todd,
I will be sure to keep the "Youngster" in prayer...as well as the bride. :-)

[Reply]
357 01:37 PM 08-29-2013
I dread the day. Prayers sent Todd for you, the Mrs, and your grown "children".
[Reply]
Up