Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Front Pocket Wallets
BlackDog 11:16 AM 08-10-2013
I want to get a front pocket wallet. I quit carrying a hip pocket and have been carrying stuff in my front pocket with a big paper clip, which isn't working out as I've dropped things here and there. For those of you who carry a front wallet pocket, what do you recommend? Any favorites?
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 11:36 AM 08-10-2013
The one I have carried for about 8 years now is made by fossil, but a lot of companies make the style. It has two pockets on each side, and one pocked in between those two sides. Currently I have about 10 cards in it plus some folded bills in the middle section. Love this style!

Here is a pic of a similar one:

Attached:
[Reply]
MrClean 11:42 AM 08-10-2013
My wife got me a small wallet, I'm sure it has a name, but I'm not sure what it's called. She actually found it at the Coach outlet. It was $45, but it is definitely durable and I really like it. One side has a money clip and the other has 2 slots for cards. It works in my front or back pocket. I've had it for 3 years now and it's just starting to show wear on the corners, a real quality built product. I have about 4-5 cards in each slot and receipts in the middle pocket.
Here is a link to it if you're interested Coach Wallet
I'd never pay $78 for it, but at $45, it was money well spent in my opinion.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:05 PM 08-10-2013
Why don't you just walk backwards? :-)
[Reply]
lilninjabuddy 06:25 PM 08-11-2013
I carry a Tumi card case...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008OH...sr=8-6&pi=SL75

Under $30, and perfect. I keep copies of my insurance, health insurance, prescription benefits, etc as secure files on my phone, so I only have to carry my drivers license on the one side, two credit cards on the other, and my ATM card and a couple business cards in the middle.
[Reply]
OLS 06:48 PM 08-11-2013
I fold a credit card and driver's license in a credit card sleeve inside my bills and put it in my back pocket.
LUCKILY I have not lost it yet.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 06:20 AM 08-12-2013
I have a Saddleback Leather ID wallet that I love, they have a couple options that will fit your needs. Their customer service is top notch, prices are reasonable, and they have a 100 year warranty.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:10 AM 08-12-2013
I currently carry a fairly packed bifold in my front pocket, although I intend to try and make something else in the near future.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:42 AM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
I have a Saddleback Leather ID wallet that I love, they have a couple options that will fit your needs. Their customer service is top notch, prices are reasonable, and they have a 100 year warranty.
The Saddleback ID wallet is the one I am currently leaning towards. I hear nothing but positive reviews. I only need to carry my license, debit card, insurance card, and cash, so I think that one would work great. I like that it's sort of minimalist, but will last a lifetime.

[Reply]
Stephen 09:22 AM 08-12-2013
Can't go wrong with a fanny pack! :-)
[Reply]
skullnrose 09:24 AM 08-12-2013
I tried the Saddleback but needed one to hold slightly more. It holds up decently but i'm sure not as well as the saddleback.
http://www.amazon.com/Dopp-Regatta-S...ds=wallet+dopp
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:35 AM 08-12-2013
http://www.umbra.com/ustore/product/460330-334.store
These are pretty cool. My wife got one in pink for business cards a couple years ago. I have a couple in different colors. Slim, RFID blocking (I assume, because they are aluminum) and enough to carry minimalist stuff. Depends on how cash dependent you are.
[Reply]
357 09:52 AM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
I'm thinking I might buy the slim wallet. I have been front pocket for years, but never found one that was slim enough yet held everything I need. This might be just the one to work for me. 100 year warranty for $48 isn't bad either.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 11:29 AM 08-12-2013
I have a Saddleback briefcase, and have been eying their wallets and belts for the last year. Heck I've been eying all of Dave's products.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:58 AM 08-12-2013
A friend of mine had this wallet and I started using it:

It holds everything I need (and more). They are relatively inexpensive -- which is good since I end up replacing them about every year or so. It's not obvious from the picture above, but there is an outside window pocket for your drivers license.

They can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/Womans-Womens-...=buxton+wallet
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 12:44 PM 08-12-2013
The saddleback ID pictured above is very similar to what I carry (and described above), except it has two slots on both sides instead of two on one and an ID pocket on the other. I find the extra pocket is a must for me.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 02:58 PM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
The Saddleback ID wallet is the one I am currently leaning towards. I hear nothing but positive reviews. I only need to carry my license, debit card, insurance card, and cash, so I think that one would work great. I like that it's sort of minimalist, but will last a lifetime.
I carry my DL, CCW, debit, 3 credit cards, insurance card, and a Costco membership card, plus cash (I found folding it into thirds works best for me. Also there is another slot behind the ID window that doesnt show in the pic you posted. I think I convinced a buddy of mine to make the switch to the Saddleback ID this weekend after comparing his George Costanza bifold to what I carry.
[Reply]
E.J. 04:25 PM 08-12-2013
I've used this for the past 4-5 years....maybe more? http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Path=ML3235001 Works great. Holds my drivers license, AMEX, Visa and cash....which is all I ever need. Sometimes it will hold a business card for a bit.

I look at the George from Seinfeld wallets and wonder, what they are carrying and why they need it. Then again, I think the same thing with whatever purse my wife may be carrying around.....
[Reply]
Up