Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Lawmaker sees panel voting to end Cuba travel ban
floydpink 04:57 PM 07-01-2010
I'd imagine a few hotel and timeshare companies are paying close attention to this.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:05 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
My bags are packed. Where we stayin' Carlos? :-)
Would love to go see the Oasis in Varadero again, if it is still there.
I wonder if El Hotel Internacional is still there.
I use to be in those two places as a kid on a regular basis. Threw my cousin into the koi fish pond in the Hotel Internacional when I was 5.

I can picture myself in El Floridita having myself a frozen diaquiri, sitting in the corner table that was always reserved for my dad and our family.

Would love to see the water splash on the Malecon as I use to as a kid.

Can only imagine the look on my wife's face when she sees her old home and family she hasn't seen in over 40 years.

Would love to see my mom hug her only living brother whom she hasn't seen in nearly 50 years.

Maybe then, I might be able to think about cigars.:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 12:05 AM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Would love to go see the Oasis in Varadero again, if it is still there.
I wonder if El Hotel Internacional is still there.
I use to be in those two places as a kid on a regular basis. Threw my cousin into the koi fish pond in the Hotel Internacional when I was 5.

I can picture myself in El Floridita having myself a frozen diaquiri, sitting in the corner table that was always reserved for my dad and our family.

Would love to see the water splash on the Malecon as I use to as a kid.

Can only imagine the look on my wife's face when she sees her old home and family she hasn't seen in over 40 years.

Would love to see my mom hug her only living brother whom she hasn't seen in nearly 50 years.

Maybe then, I might be able to think about cigars.:-)
I truly hope you realize your dream one day, Carlos.
[Reply]
Wanger 06:51 AM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I truly hope you realize your dream one day, Carlos.
I second that notion!
[Reply]
Blueface 01:13 PM 07-13-2010
Well, true to Fidel form, they will in fact do anything they can to slow down the progress of my return someday as a US Citizen. US relations with Cuba cannot happen or they will no one to blame for their woes.
Fidel today went on television and accused the US of intentionally wanting to start a nuclear war with Iran and North Korea.

We may now all return to our normal lives and Fidel may return to his world of lunacy. Damn Yankees!!!
[Reply]
bvilchez 01:17 PM 07-13-2010
The day will one day come Carlos...you'll see
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:24 PM 07-13-2010
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
The day will one day come Carlos...you'll see
I'm with the Gunny. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:29 PM 07-13-2010
It's time to try something different such as lifting the embargo. We can always re-instate later on.

Where isn't their mass corruption in Latin America? It's par for the course and there is not one country that has had a stable government and civil rights. Why harp on Cuba? DR, Haiti, Central America, most of South America in much better shape? Sure they can travel, but if you have no money who cares?
[Reply]
MiamiE 02:56 PM 07-13-2010
What happened with this finally?
[Reply]
Chinogobraap 08:55 PM 07-13-2010
Aren't we there yet?
[Reply]
Samsquanch 09:21 AM 08-19-2010
Story on NPR.com this morning - http://n.pr/9OF7Cu

"But Messina says further easing of restrictions could potentially stir a lot of agricultural trade between the two countries."

I wonder if tobacco is considered agricultural? There's no mention of cigars in the article, just that the Obama administration may be easing travel and agricultural restrictions further. An end to the embargo would require congressional approval.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up