Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>JDN Antano substitute
Wondering Nomad 05:32 PM 05-30-2009
I'm in love with the JDN Antano and want to find others cigars that offer a similar flavor and strength profile. Any suggestions.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 07:32 PM 05-30-2009
Strength wise, try Alec Bradley Tempus line. Some LFDs are actually stronger (although one dimensional in flavor).

Flavor wise, I have no idea what else comes close. I've had Antanos for the first time in the past month and the richness they offer in addition to all sorts of various spices (cloves, cinnamon stick, espresso beans, chocolate) seem to be unique and not matched by anything else I've had.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 07:49 PM 05-30-2009
Just smoke more of them . If they are what you like most then stock up . I myself appreciate an Antano every now and then .
[Reply]
darkninja67 12:24 AM 05-31-2009
Why look for a substitute when the Antano can be had cheap?
[Reply]
SmokinApe 06:05 AM 05-31-2009
Maybe I am a wuss, but I don't really care for the Antano. The few I have had were like trying to smoke a pan of used motor oil. I was really disappointed given then positive feedback they get around here..
[Reply]
jonharky 06:27 AM 05-31-2009
I have a lancero in my humi that is calling out my name and i will have to smoke it soon
[Reply]
borndead1 06:30 AM 05-31-2009
Omar Ortez Originals.

Similar flavor profile, not as much of a nic kick. :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 07:24 AM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
...I was really disappointed given then positive feedback they get around here..
Wow....man, my apologies for them being a dud, Smokin'....I've only had one batch that ever did that...needless to say, I don't buy any "deals" from that vendor anymore.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:29 AM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Wow....man, my apologies for them being a dud, Smokin'....I've only had one batch that ever did that...needless to say, I don't buy any "deals" from that vendor anymore.
I'll try another... you make a good point, maybe they were from a bad batch...
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 06:16 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by darkninja67:
Why look for a substitute when the Antano can be had cheap?
that's exactly what i was thinking. these are not expensive, but then again, i don't know the poster's ways and means.
[Reply]
troutbreath 06:56 PM 05-31-2009
I have some of the lanceros of the Antano's. Great stick. Not sure why you would need a substitute.
[Reply]
Wondering Nomad 08:01 PM 05-31-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
that's exactly what i was thinking. these are not expensive, but then again, i don't know the poster's ways and means.

I have the means to buy what I like. I'm just looking for something similar but different. If that makes any sense.
[Reply]
The Saint 10:07 PM 05-31-2009
I find that the TNT's JdNA alt's are hit or miss, if you get a good one its "fairly" close.....fairly. But, like all alt's it ain't nothing like the original.
[Reply]
Up