Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>So that LGC a bunch of you told me to smoke...
Sonic04GT 07:34 PM 10-07-2011
Was pretty good! My 3rd traditional cigar and it was enjoyable. Only others I've had were a Punch and LHC. Didn't care for the LHC. I still like infused cigars more but that's probably expected from a rookie. Then again, the only infused I've had is a Kuba Kuba and I loved it. Can't wait to try all the others in the humi.

I did have some minor issues keeping an even burn but I'm a noob and probably didn't cut/light it correctly. Also, it was pretty windy outside. It eventually went out but I'm pretty sure that's because I got sidetracked with the iPad.

I can't really give a review because I'm too new to recognize any specific tastes. I just give a thumbs up or thumbs down haha

[Reply]
Sonic04GT 07:57 PM 10-07-2011
Lol just noticed the difference in lighting from the first to last pic. Good lengthy smoke :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 08:07 PM 10-07-2011
You've only had one type of Acid stick huh?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 08:27 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by MrClean:
You've only had one type of Acid stick huh?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yessir. This is the infused section of my humi.

CI Legends - Drew Estate
Acid Kuba Kuba
Acid Liquid
ACID Blondie Belicoso
Erin Go Bragh Irish Whiskey
CAO Moontrance
CAO Eileen’s Dream
Natural by Drew Estate Dirt Torpedo
Natural Ltd. by Drew Estate Pimp Stick
Tabak Especial Red Eye
Tabak Especial Café con Leche
Tabak Especial Toro Negra Maduro
Java Toro Maduro
Tatiana Mocha Stobona Dark Natural

Cold Infusion Tea on the way.
[Reply]
RCS44 08:43 PM 10-07-2011
I am not one for infused smokes. When i first started smoking cigars i started on natural cigars. I have had a few infused cigars and am not a big fan of the flavors. Should i smoke some more infused cigars?
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 09:04 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by RCS44:
I am not one for infused smokes. When i first started smoking cigars i started on natural cigars. I have had a few infused cigars and am not a big fan of the flavors. Should i smoke some more infused cigars?
I'd say give em a shot, only because I really liked the one I had :-)

CigarMonster has a deal for the next hour on a Drew Estate Natural Sampler. 6 cigars for like $23 shipped. Great deal. Kuba Kubas also, 5 for $20. Another great deal.
[Reply]
papichulo 09:10 PM 10-07-2011
Hmmm, I have been enjoying cigars for 19 years now. My recommendation for you is to try the corona and robusto shapes (nothing over 50 rg) to get the full essence of a cigar. Most manufacturers roll in the corona shape and blend ratios for the other vitolas (shapes). Try exhaling a little smoke through your nose and the flavors will be more pronounced. Your taste will mature through time. Thank you for your thread. Enjoy.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 09:36 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by papichulo:
Hmmm, I have been enjoying cigars for 19 years now. My recommendation for you is to try the corona and robusto shapes (nothing over 50 rg) to get the full essence of a cigar. Most manufacturers roll in the corona shape and blend ratios for the other vitolas (shapes). Try exhaling a little smoke through your nose and the flavors will be more pronounced. Your taste will mature through time. Thank you for your thread. Enjoy.
Yeah I don't really like anything larger than robusto. I try to stick with 50.

I tried exhaling through my nose a little bit but I usually end up inhaling a little during the process and end up with an upset stomach.
[Reply]
MrClean 09:48 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT:
I tried exhaling through my nose a little bit but I usually end up inhaling a little during the process and end up with an upset stomach.
It's hard to describe how to do it without inhaling it into your lungs. Most sticks burn a little (milder) and some burn a lot (fuller sticks) exhaled through the nose. But I'm starting to figure out how much I can get away with, without feeling like I'm setting my sinus on fire. :-)
[Reply]
papichulo 04:06 PM 10-08-2011
Originally Posted by MrClean:
It's hard to describe how to do it without inhaling it into your lungs. Most sticks burn a little (milder) and some burn a lot (fuller sticks) exhaled through the nose. But I'm starting to figure out how much I can get away with, without feeling like I'm setting my sinus on fire. :-)
i know the feeling. Little by little and all you need is maybe 10% of the smoke you take into your mouth.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 04:48 PM 10-08-2011
Originally Posted by papichulo:
i know the feeling. Little by little and all you need is maybe 10% of the smoke you take into your mouth.
I think I'm getting the hang of it a little. I will concur, all I can handle is a little bit before it starts to burn, but it does improve the taste.
[Reply]
Up