Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Sad day for a band with a legion of fans.
Blindjimme 12:17 PM 08-13-2010
Richie Hayward of Little Feat has passed away. Didn't see this coming. They just did a club circiut stop here in LA back in June. He was a really great drummer with a very distinct sound that just sounded like a good time was happening. Thoughts and prayers for his family and Band. If you haven't heard you some classic Little Feat lately, spin some this weekend. I'll probably go through their entire catalog myself.
[Reply]
markem 12:22 PM 08-13-2010
one of my fave bands

he will be missed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO3ZMdcL8Pc
[Reply]
markem 02:40 PM 08-13-2010
Today's playlist on the patio

[Reply]
JDTexan 02:42 PM 08-13-2010
Wow what a shame. RIP
[Reply]
Blindjimme 03:14 PM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
Today's playlist on the patio

Nice playlist Mark. Afternoon and evening I listened to, in their entirety:
Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Dixie Chicken
Down On The Farm
Let it Roll
Under The Radar
Chinese Work Songs

and for good measure,
Waiting For Colombus, double live.

RIP Richie.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:17 PM 08-14-2010
Waiting for Colombus is one of my all time favorite albums. May he RIP!!
[Reply]
Chingas 03:50 PM 08-14-2010
Local station played a few tracks in memory last nite. Hoping for the same tonight. Always a sad day for the living when a musician sees the light.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 05:08 PM 08-14-2010
They were the homecoming band at Bama in the late 70's. They were great then, but wasn't a big crowd. Which suited me fine. was first come seating, so I got good seats. My date had never heard of them! I impressed her, which was also a good thing!!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 05:15 PM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Waiting for Colombus is one of my all time favorite albums. May he RIP!!
Oh yeah!!! An album you can rock too time after time after time. So, maybe a poll? Dixie Chicken, Spanish Moon or Time Loves A Hero? Heck, have to also throw in Mercenary Territory and Willin' and .... Heck, I like all their song versions on this live album better than any of the studio versions of the same songs!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:00 AM 08-15-2010
hmmm, that's sad new. They are supposed to play in Amsterdam this friday, I was thinking of going but it will get cancelled now.
[Reply]
Up