Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>That Special Cigar for..............
Blueface 05:15 PM 04-13-2010
..............that occasion.

Well, perhaps I am getting to be a real old fart and have too much time to reflect at times but it seems that the answer to this often asked question is really so, so, so simple.

Here is the simple answer to this complex question:
ANY cigar that you enjoy.

What it is:
It is about the moment that you want to enjoy.
It is about the fact you can live that moment, period!
It is about the friends that are around you if you happen to be surrounded by friends at that time or special person(s).
It is about remembering the moment and looking forward to doing it all over again.

What it is not:
It is NOT about the cigar as often misunderstood. The cigar is just a willing participant in your fine moment in time.
It is NOT about what anyone else considers to be the quality of the cigar as quality is perceived so differently by so many.
It is NOT about what anyone else considers to be the taste of the cigar as tastes vary so vastly from person to person.
It is NOT about what anyone considers a cheap cigar or expensive cigar as it is your wallet that is flipping the bill.
It is mostly definitely NOT about what anyone thinks you should smoke.

Just my :-) from a rapidly growing old man.

That said, thinking of smoking a cigar, what should I have?:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 05:16 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:

Well, perhaps I am getting to be a real old fart and have too much time to reflect at times but it seems that the answer to this often asked question is really so, so, so simple.

What it is:
It is about the friends that are around you if you happen to be surrounded by friends at that time or special person(s).
It is about remembering the moment and looking forward to doing it all over again.

What it is not:
It is NOT about the cigar as often misunderstood. The cigar is just a willing participant in your fine moment in time.
It is NOT about what anyone else considers to be the quality of the cigar as quality is perceived so differently by so many.
It is NOT about what anyone else considers to be the taste of the cigar as tastes vary so vastly from person to person.
It is NOT about what anyone considers a cheap cigar or expensive cigar as it is your wallet that is flipping the bill.

All of the above!!!!!!
[Reply]
M1903A1 05:17 PM 04-13-2010
One that's not plugged? :-)

:-):-)
[Reply]
bookman 05:20 PM 04-13-2010
One should not find his cigar, but rather let his cigar find him.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:48 PM 04-13-2010

What it is:

What it is not:

This should be a sticky so we don't have 50 what should I smoke threads a week.:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:03 PM 04-13-2010
My vote is for a nice cigar :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:13 PM 04-13-2010
Well Put, Carlos!:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:49 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by bookman:
That sure sounds nice, but I sat in that tobacco field for 4 hours and none of it rolled itself over to me! :-)
[Reply]
bookman 07:02 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
That sure sounds nice, but I sat in that tobacco field for 4 hours and none of it rolled itself over to me! :-)
Oh you kid.
[Reply]
M1903A1 07:10 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by bookman:
The cigars find ME, eh? That would explain a lot....

:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:16 PM 04-13-2010
I would say that I would rather smoke a los Statos with a friend than a 1492 alone..

but that might be going too far.
:-)
[Reply]
Neuromancer 07:18 PM 04-13-2010
Ahhh...there he goes again...Carlos is sitting at home, goofing off when he should be working, and pondering his navel...:-)

PS - BTW Carlos, instead of tossing those plugged cigars in the canal send them my way...I'll dry box them for a few days then smoke the chit out of them...:-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 08:05 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
Ahhh...there he goes again...Carlos is sitting at home, goofing off when he should be working, and pondering his navel...:-)

PS - BTW Carlos, instead of tossing those plugged cigars in the canal send them my way...I'll dry box them for a few days then smoke the chit out of them...:-)
Sometimes I wonder if Carlos knows how to smoke cigars! I went through that '01 Punch like nothing! :-) For me it was special. Anything gifted is special to me. Period!
[Reply]
Blueface 08:15 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Sometimes I wonder if Carlos knows how to smoke cigars! I went through that '01 Punch like nothing! :-) For me it was special. Anything gifted is special to me. Period!
Yeah, you sure did go through it.
Problem is we both have a varying recollection of the event.
I recall you cutting it several times to the point you thought you smoked it but it was actually in the ashtray, in many pieces.:-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 08:16 PM 04-13-2010
LOL! I cut two half inchers off.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:35 PM 04-13-2010
TMI
[Reply]
Up