Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>WWE Network
Starscream 06:15 PM 03-17-2014
Anybody here subscribed to the WWE network? Only 1.5% of the library on the network so far, but I'm in nostalgia heaven right now. All the old NWA/WCW ppvs, wwf ppvs, old school Raws, WCCW, ECW shows, and Legends Round tables. This is the greatest thing ever for pro wrestling fans. I'm anxiously awaiting the Smoky Mountain Library to be added. Jim Cornette at his best!
[Reply]
icehog3 07:21 PM 03-17-2014
Lemme know when they get Dick the Bruiser and Baron Von Raschke on, Andy!
[Reply]
Starscream 07:26 PM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Lemme know when they get Dick the Bruiser and Baron Von Raschke on, Andy!
There's some Dick the Bruiser clips on Legends Round Table, but most of his work has been erased. They didn't keep the master tapes of wrestling for the most part during his era. A crying shame. The Bruiser and the Crusher were genuine tough guys and daggum entertaining to boot. There are some Dick the Bruiser and Dusty Rhodes Tag Team events on record that will be soon on the network.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:30 PM 03-17-2014
There are plenty of Ric Flair, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Andre, Freebird- Von Erich moments on the network. Only 1.5% of the library so far included. I'm 100% sure more historic moments and wrestlers will be added soon
[Reply]
Starscream 04:27 PM 03-18-2014
King of the Ring 98. Undertaker vs. Foley in a Hell in the Cell. Epic!
[Reply]
Starscream 04:29 PM 03-18-2014
Kerry Von Erich vs Flair '82. Also an epic battle that started he Freebird/Von Erich feud.
[Reply]
MrClean 05:15 PM 03-18-2014
That's awesome, didn't even know they were starting their own channel. When I was young I'd watch the old school wrestlers, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes with my dad. Stopped watching for awhile then a friend of mine got me into watching it again, when Austin and the Rock were at the top, those were some awesome matches to watch. We were at the show in KC when Owen Hart fell, I pretty much stopped watching after that. But I'd love to see some of the older matches. With Flair and Hogan that was just a good time.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:15 AM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by MrClean:
That's awesome, didn't even know they were starting their own channel. When I was young I'd watch the old school wrestlers, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes with my dad. Stopped watching for awhile then a friend of mine got me into watching it again, when Austin and the Rock were at the top, those were some awesome matches to watch. We were at the show in KC when Owen Hart fell, I pretty much stopped watching after that. But I'd love to see some of the older matches. With Flair and Hogan that was just a good time.
That was a tragic night. Did they ever announce to the live audience that he died, or did you find out later?

There's tons of old stuff on the network: all WWF, WCW, and ECW ppvs, classic WCCW shows, classic WWF shows dating back to the late 70s, and a lot of documentaries and round table discussions.
[Reply]
MrClean 10:18 AM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by Starscream:
That was a tragic night. Did they ever announce to the live audience that he died, or did you find out later?

There's tons of old stuff on the network: all WWF, WCW, and ECW ppvs, classic WCCW shows, classic WWF shows dating back to the late 70s, and a lot of documentaries and round table discussions.
They never did announce anything to us. We thought at first it was just part of the show, but then we noticed the 'real' paramedics were there and the big screens had changed from the live video to something else (we couldn't hear). I don't remember when we actually found out that he had died, but I'm pretty sure it was after the show.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:19 AM 03-19-2014
McMahon is looking to sell WWE I read yesterday. Perhaps they are limiting what they release until there's a buyer?
[Reply]
Starscream 04:51 PM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by MrClean:
They never did announce anything to us. We thought at first it was just part of the show, but then we noticed the 'real' paramedics were there and the big screens had changed from the live video to something else (we couldn't hear). I don't remember when we actually found out that he had died, but I'm pretty sure it was after the show.
I know Owen would have wanted the show to go on, but there's still something that doesn't sit right with the way they handled that situation.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:52 PM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
McMahon is looking to sell WWE I read yesterday. Perhaps they are limiting what they release until there's a buyer?
That is all rumor. No way in Hell McMahon sells controlling interest in his baby. I will be truly shocked if that were to happen.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:36 AM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Starscream:
That is all rumor. No way in Hell McMahon sells controlling interest in his baby. I will be truly shocked if that were to happen.
Selling it would help his wife's political ambitions. I use to know one is his daughters. She worked at the gym I went to and was good friends with a buddy of mine. Vince and a couple of wrestlers helped her move in and out of her apartment.
[Reply]
Up