Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>CC sources?
RightAJ 07:24 AM 10-08-2009
Are we allowed to talk about these here? I know on my other forum it is prohibited and they make rather a big deal about it when somebody slips up...

JW

aj
kelmac07 07:25 AM 10-08-2009
Taboo AJ...taboo!!
Skywalker 07:27 AM 10-08-2009

Ummmm.... No!

wayner123 07:30 AM 10-08-2009
nope:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=73
Labman 07:30 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Taboo AJ...taboo!!
Yup, taboo! :-)

RightAJ 07:35 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by wayner123:
nope:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=73
Can't see that page for some reason...

aj
md4958 07:38 AM 10-08-2009
I personally like Capital One, or Bank of America for my CC's. I used to have a Sears card, but who the hell shops at Sears anymore??? :-):-):-)
Smokin Gator 07:42 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
I personally like Capital One, or Bank of America for my CC's. I used to have a Sears card, but who the hell shops at Sears anymore??? :-):-):-)
:-)
icehog3 07:43 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by RightAJ:
Can't see that page for some reason...

aj
Patience, my young friend. :-)

Enjoy the Asylum AJ! But vendors are definitely a "no-no".
RightAJ 07:46 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Patience, my young friend. :-)

Enjoy the Asylum AJ! But vendors are definitely a "no-no".
Huh?

I have my own reliable sources, I wasn't fishing don't worry. I was just curious whether or not we can discuss. I understand, no sources!

aj
icehog3 07:47 AM 10-08-2009
I meant patience regarding seeing that page you were trying to link to, AJ.
massphatness 07:47 AM 10-08-2009
You can discuss CCs in general -- but vendor sources: no.
RightAJ 07:51 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I meant patience regarding seeing that page you were trying to link to, AJ.
Alrighty, I got ya.
DoctorBJ 07:52 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
Ohhhh Ohh I do. Love me some craftsman tools. Nothing better than finding an old beat up, rusty wrench or socket that's older than I am and trading it in for a nice shiney new one. :-):-)
icehog3 07:56 AM 10-08-2009
I think this one is answered. :-)
poker 08:24 AM 10-08-2009
Here it is for those who didnt read it:

We hope to make your experience at Cigar Asylum an enjoyable one. Here are some simple rules that can help new members in the forums.

1) PLEASE DO NOT ask how to buy Cubans in the United States. Cuban cigars are illegal to import, transport, trade, and gift in the U.S.A.. We suggest reading through the forums for more information, or you can check out the following link directly from the United States Customs Department.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/cl...ban_cigars.xml

Also, please don't ask which retailers ship to the US, how they ship, etc., again, Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S. We will delete posts related to these subjects, and you will be warned no to do it again. If you happen to live in a country where Cubans are legal...you are the envy of many others!
Do not post anything that hints or discloses which country you ordered from. Do not post pictures revealing such shipping tactics.
Do not link to any Cuban cigar vendors in any thread.
Do not attempt to hint at sources (ie: initials, sounds like, first names, etc)
And definitely do not attempt to PM other members for source info, as this can be seen as spamming and will be dealt with swiftly.

2) Please feel free to use the search function here. You may find an answer to your question much quicker by doing so. If you cannot find it by the search function don't feel bad if you ask a question that has been asked before...it happens all the time.

3) Have fun here and practice respect and tolerance with others. Respect is the key word. There are people that join this forum from other forums for the sole purpose of starting flame wars. It won't be tolerated. We are all here because we enjoy cigars. Lets not drag problems at other forums into this one.

4) Cigar Asylum will not allow threads involving the sale or trade of Cuban cigars.

Due to ongoing abuse of this policy at other forums in the past, and the legal exposure to Cigar Asylum we have adopted this rule since we are a United States based forum. There will be no exceptions to this rule, and any multiple violations is grounds for loss of membership without warning.

5) Asking other members just to send you cigars (mooching) just by asking will not be allowed. If you cannot afford to buy cigars for yourself, you may want to rethink your employment options.

6) Any and all issues concerning other boards will not be allowed to spill over in here. If you as member of another board have a problem with another member from that board, keep it off of Cigar Asylum.

7) ANY PERSONAL THREATS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a "zero Tolerance" policy towards anyone making personal threats. Violators will be banned immediately.

8) Multiple usernames will not be allowed. Any member with more than 1 username will have both names and posts merged into the original that you signed up following an infraction from the team of 11.

Here are a few other things we ask you NOT to do here at Cigar Asylum:

No p_ornography of any nature, including "soft" p_orn. Have some respect for others since many view our site from their work.
No threads that are political or religious in nature will be allowed.
No selling of any questionable items including but not limited to items like guns, ammunition, explosives, drugs, etc.
No spamming in any way, shape or form will be allowed.
If a retailer/distributor of cigars or cigar related items, please do not advertise your items in rooms other than the retailer room. Posts/Threads will be promptly removed if violated.

One thing we DO request of every member is to be courteous towards everyone here. Especially to the new members. Remember, we were all new to cigars at one time or another so cut the new guys some slack and guide them gently to understanding the error of their ways if they make a mistake.

If you choose not to follow these rules and guidelines, it can result in the loss of your access to certain areas of Cigar Asylum, and potentially loss of your entire membership.

The Administrators & Moderators of Cigar Asylum reserves the right to modify, delete, correct, or make any changes required to make this a place enjoyable to the masses. The Cigar Asylum staff also reserves the right to modify or amend these rules at any time.

Most of these rules are common to many of the cigar forums you may have visited in the past or frequent currently, so they should be easy to follow. Respect your fellow member, follow these simple rules, and you will be rewarded with an enjoyable place to visit like no other on the web.

One last thing which we feel is very important. While we are grateful that you are here and wish to tell folks about our new home and spread the word, we kindly ask you to refrain from using other cigar forums as a vehicle to do this. The Cigar Asylum Staff highly respects the other cigar forums and their respective owners, and we wish them well now and in the future. We ask our members to share with us the mutual respect for all the other cigar forums and use email, IM, Skype, phone, etc instead of their forums to promote ours.

--------Added May 2009--------

Concerning Solicitation for Donations to Charities

The Cigar Asylum Administration Team has agreed upon a policy of not allowing solicitation for charitable organizations. The team feels, that if we were to allow it, once the door is opened, how would we say no to any threads seeking donations, support, etc. The potential for abuse, and even theivery becomes real. We are certain your charity is totally legit, and that your intentions are good. We are not saying no to your specific charity as much as we are saying no to opening that door.

We made the conscious decision shortly after we started the Asylum not to allow the solicitation of donations for charities other than those that are part of the community in posts and already in place. The current troop supporters program is long-running and has to do with cigars and the members here.

This decision wasn't made lightly or without discussion or disagreement. But it was finally decided that not allowing everyone to solicit was in the best interests of the community.

We know that, personally, we would all like to give carte blanche to those we know and trust to solicit for any worthwhile charity. However, we cannot allow that without allowing every new member to ask for money for his "human fund". It's just one of those situations where neither path was going to be perfect and we had to weigh the good of the overall community versus the good intentions of the few.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
---------------------

On behalf of the Admins & Moderators here, we welcome you all to the Asylum.

The Cigar Asylum Staff (Team of 11)
Up