Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 567
All Cigar Discussion>Connecticut Wrap's
Doom 03:31 PM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Not really. Just don't act like Red and you be good :-)
Ha Ha! Yeah he's a douche!
stevieray 03:53 PM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by Doom:
Man they're harsh on the noobs on this site.
To the contrary....this site is more tolerable than others when it comes to newer members. This site has a lot of members. Some more knowledgeable than others. Threads like these tell a lot about the types of members we have here. It seems that some of these "question" threads are anything but. More like a mish mash discussion thread about nothing with insults thrown in for good measure. The guys that have years of experience with cigars (or FOG's if you will) that can answer these questions shy away from these threads because they don't want to deal with the nonsense.

In summary.....read more, post less. If newbs have a question be polite and ask. Be respectfull if someone takes the time to answer your question. Don't troll or be a post whore. We all share the same love of the leaf here. Just my :-)

*** just to clarify, this is not directed at Doom, just my thoughts in general.
Doom 04:03 PM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by stevieray:
To the contrary....this site is more tolerable than others when it comes to newer members. This site has a lot of members. Some more knowledgeable than others. Threads like these tell a lot about the types of members we have here. It seems that some of these "question" threads are anything but. More like a mish mash discussion thread about nothing with insults thrown in for good measure. The guys that have years of experience with cigars and that can answer these questions shy away from these threads because they don't want to deal with the nonsense. In summary.....read more, post less. If newbs have a question be polite and ask. Be respectfull if someone takes the time to answer your question. Don't troll or be a post whore. We all share the same love of the leaf here. Just my :-)
Dude I've been smoking cigars for years.
Because I just joined this forum gives you or no other the right to suggest otherwise. The point of this thread was almost immediately subverted by smarmy, know it all replies to the initial topic. I use the word "noob" because it was sarcastically applied to people who have been in the cigar community for years who posted in this thread. To me the comments that set Red going seemed to be loaded with pure elitism and that ****'s just a joke.
Doom 04:05 PM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by stevieray:
To the contrary....this site is more tolerable than others when it comes to newer members. This site has a lot of members. Some more knowledgeable than others. Threads like these tell a lot about the types of members we have here. It seems that some of these "question" threads are anything but. More like a mish mash discussion thread about nothing with insults thrown in for good measure. The guys that have years of experience with cigars (or FOG's if you will) that can answer these questions shy away from these threads because they don't want to deal with the nonsense.

In summary.....read more, post less. If newbs have a question be polite and ask. Be respectfull if someone takes the time to answer your question. Don't troll or be a post whore. We all share the same love of the leaf here. Just my :-)

*** just to clarify, this is not directed at Doom, just my thoughts in general.
I posted before seeing your clarifying statement, but most still holds true.
VirtualSmitty 04:12 PM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by Doom:
Dude I've been smoking cigars for years.
Because I just joined this forum gives you or no other the right to suggest otherwise. The point of this thread was almost immediately subverted by smarmy, know it all replies to the initial topic. I use the word "noob" because it was sarcastically applied to people who have been in the cigar community for years who posted in this thread. To me the comments that set Red going seemed to be loaded with pure elitism and that ****'s just a joke.
Wrong. I called red a newb because of his behavior here. His posts have been pretty juvenile, this thread especially. I don't care if you've been smoking cigars for 20 years, if you join a new place and act like a 16 year old with add, well expect some backlash. This isn't CO, or Puff, or CF or whatever place you've been posting on for years. Nobody here knows you, so to us your all new :-)

And i tried to play along and offer a differing viewpoint, but your buddies were pretty set in their ways and dragged the thread into mindless banter. There's no elitism, just an attempt at conversation that went south cause your buddies know it all :-)
Doom 04:17 PM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Wrong. I called red a newb because of his behavior here. His posts have been pretty juvenile, this thread especially. I don't care if you've been smoking cigars for 20 years, if you join a new place and act like a 16 year old with add, well expect some backlash. This isn't CO, or Puff, or CF or whatever place you've been posting on for years. Nobody here knows you, so to us your all new :-)

And i tried to play along and offer a differing viewpoint, but your buddies were pretty set in their ways and dragged the thread into mindless banter. There's no elitism, just an attempt at conversation that went south cause your buddies know it all :-)
I wasn't talking about you.
You seem to be a voice of reason.

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
But the only difference is the green and black is the wrapper. The wrapper can't magically make the blend mild. :-)
This on the other hand....
Jbailey 04:50 PM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by Red:
ok so can i ask is the padron 1926's the same blend or different... one wrapper is maduro and one is natural...they are both very different to me.
When it comes to the padron 26 it seem like the same blend to me with the different wraps on them. :-)

I'm sure someone could chime in on it.
Red 07:37 PM 10-04-2009
i think VS is on the wrong forum..he should sign up for a guidance counslar forum and heal the ill..he is so smart with his words of wisdom..he could really change the world..maybe teach me how to spell
Tarks 10:01 PM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by Red:
i think VS is on the wrong forum..he should sign up for a guidance counslar forum and heal the ill..he is so smart with his words of wisdom..he could really change the world..maybe teach me how to spell
I don't think anyone can teach you how to spell Red! You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
pnoon 10:38 PM 10-04-2009
This thread has little hope of anything positive going forward.

We're done here.
Page 7 of 7
« First < 567
Up