Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>UPS drops the ball again.
Junior 08:55 AM 03-30-2009
I can tell you one thing UPS has gotten harder and harder to deal with. I had a package that showed delivered on Friday, but was not there. I checked with my neighbors, and none of them got it. They usually just leave it on my front porch, but it was not there when I got home 30 minutes after they showed delivery. I have had this happen before, and contacted the Bowling Green hub and they always straightened it out, but they won’t even transfer me to them now. So now my hot but will be down for probably the next 2 weeks waiting on them to finish their investigation.:-)

Well at least I got to see one good thing this weekend, and that was Louisville get drilled.:-)
[Reply]
Footbag 09:00 AM 03-30-2009
When I had a UPS package go missing, they called the delivery driver and sorted it out within minutes. Don't know how big the city is that you live in, but it may be worth suggesting to whoever you speak with.

I've also had the woman at USPS offer to stay late so I could pick up a package as well. I'm always surprised at the level of service on our local level.
[Reply]
Junior 09:04 AM 03-30-2009
Originally Posted by Footbag:
When I had a UPS package go missing, they called the delivery driver and sorted it out within minutes. Don't know how big the city is that you live in, but it may be worth suggesting to whoever you speak with.

I've also had the woman at USPS offer to stay late so I could pick up a package as well. I'm always surprised at the level of service on our local level.
Thats what I have done in the past, but they will not even let me talk to the terminal that the driver runs out of. I have another package coming to my office tomorrow, so I will check with him. It just irritates because I have missed deliveries before and met the driver to pick it up.
[Reply]
Ironfreak 09:17 AM 03-30-2009
Good luck.

Our local UPS driver has tried to pull a fast one a few times on me. The latest was a couple weeks ago. I guess he was running late on his deliveries (We don't get UPS drop offs until usually 6-6:30PM. Well, I was sitting on the porch waiting for him until 7:30PM on the day it was scheduled to be delivered. I finally went inside and called UPS. They said it showed that the driver 'attempted delivery', but that nobody was there to sign for the package?!? He didn't want to make the drive out, so he fabricated the delivery attempt.
[Reply]
TOB9595 10:57 AM 03-30-2009
Originally Posted by Ironfreak:
Good luck.

Our local UPS driver has tried to pull a fast one a few times on me. The latest was a couple weeks ago. I guess he was running late on his deliveries (We don't get UPS drop offs until usually 6-6:30PM. Well, I was sitting on the porch waiting for him until 7:30PM on the day it was scheduled to be delivered. I finally went inside and called UPS. They said it showed that the driver 'attempted delivery', but that nobody was there to sign for the package?!? He didn't want to make the drive out, so he fabricated the delivery attempt.
That SUCKS!!!
I hope you pursued this with a complaint...

I've had good dealings with UPS...BUT...like so many other BIG corps they may be paring the staf down so we don't get as personalized service...

My delivery guy, Jim, is a fine fellow.
Tom

Tom
[Reply]
shortstory5 11:43 AM 03-30-2009
Sorry to hear. This is why I always send using USPS.
[Reply]
Junior 11:46 AM 03-30-2009
I don’t have a problem with the delivery to my office just my home. We have a new driver for my business area. I hope he is at least half as good as our old one. I just prefer USPS on the small stuff and FedEx ground on the large stuff. Both are faster, and less expensive as UPS. My house is on a new road that isn’t on GPS or any of the address websites, so I have everyone that ships UPS to put my phone number on the package. I’m not in here to bang up UPS too bad just letting out a little frustration on here.
[Reply]
fxpose 12:20 PM 03-30-2009
One reason why I have everything delivered to me at my business address.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 12:22 PM 03-30-2009
Originally Posted by Junior:
I can tell you one thing UPS has gotten harder and harder to deal with. I had a package that showed delivered on Friday, but was not there. I checked with my neighbors, and none of them got it. They usually just leave it on my front porch, but it was not there when I got home 30 minutes after they showed delivery. I have had this happen before, and contacted the Bowling Green hub and they always straightened it out, but they won’t even transfer me to them now. So now my hot but will be down for probably the next 2 weeks waiting on them to finish their investigation.:-)

Well at least I got to see one good thing this weekend, and that was Louisville get drilled.:dance:
:-)
[Reply]
Junior 02:17 PM 03-30-2009
My package showed up out of the blue today on the porch while I was gone. Well at least it is here.
[Reply]
TOB9595 06:06 PM 03-30-2009
WOW!!
THAT is good news :-)
Tom
[Reply]
karmaz00 11:08 AM 03-31-2009
good news...maybe they knew you were on to them :-)
[Reply]
Beagleone 07:30 PM 03-31-2009
That is good news. When I worked for the Brown Army, one driver tried that with me on some computer equipment. He didn't miss my apartment ever again once I had a chat with his manager.
[Reply]
livwire68 07:15 PM 04-01-2009
Just recently I had a scheduled cigar delivery for last friday and did not get it until monday. This is the first time I have had a problem with ups, hope its the last.
[Reply]
Up