Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Anyone order aluminum fencing online?
forgop 07:59 PM 03-30-2010
I'm going to be looking to install ~ 300' of black aluminum fencing in my back yard and will need posts/gates to go with it. I've done a little searching thus far, but just thought I'd see if anyone else has done this and had luck finding the best pricing online. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
[Reply]
Christoff 08:25 PM 03-30-2010
Aluminum isn't going to come cheap. Have you tried talking to a fencing company in your area to see if you can purchase direct or wholesale? I ask because 300 feet of aluminum fencing will fill half a flat bed truck; I cant imagine the shipping rates on that.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:27 PM 03-30-2010
My next door neighbor did.
Be very cautious.
Check out the gauge on the fence or however they rate the rigidity.

The one my neighbor has will blow away on a windy day.
If her large dogs jumps on it, he bends it.
[Reply]
forgop 06:45 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
My next door neighbor did.
Be very cautious.
Check out the gauge on the fence or however they rate the rigidity.

The one my neighbor has will blow away on a windy day.
If her large dogs jumps on it, he bends it.
Any chance your neighbor would share what they got so I know what to stay away from?
[Reply]
forgop 06:47 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by Christoff:
Aluminum isn't going to come cheap. Have you tried talking to a fencing company in your area to see if you can purchase direct or wholesale? I ask because 300 feet of aluminum fencing will fill half a flat bed truck; I cant imagine the shipping rates on that.
Some of the places I've seen online offer free shipping/discounts with orders $2500 or more, which I would have no problem meeting. I'm going to try the local box stores like Menards/Lowes/Home Dept and then a local hardware store about 3 miles down the road to try to get a wholesale price.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:51 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
Any chance your neighbor would share what they got so I know what to stay away from?
I could.
Man I just don't like to even look at her, let alone speak to her.
I sure as hell don't want to call her as I don't trust her having a record of my call on caller ID (long story with this skank).
Let me see if I see her outside picking up her dog poop and will ask her.

This fence is a joke to say the least.
Lots of her vertical pieces are bent from the dog pushing on them.
The posts are in cement yet the entire fence rocks on windy days.
If a hurricane like Wilma hits, that freaking fence is going to be embedded in my side wall of my house. Good thing I have shutters.
I will take a picture of it from my window so you can see it.

Some time over a cigar I will tell you how I really feel about her.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:55 AM 03-31-2010
Here is a semi OK phone photo through my window.
I can try to get a better one later in the day.
Attached: photo.jpg (46.2 KB) 
[Reply]
forgop 07:34 AM 03-31-2010
I could.
Man I just don't like to even look at her, let alone speak to her.
I sure as hell don't want to call her as I don't trust her having a record of my call on caller ID (long story with this skank).
Let me see if I see her outside picking up her dog poop and will ask her.

This fence is a joke to say the least.
Lots of her vertical pieces are bent from the dog pushing on them.
The posts are in cement yet the entire fence rocks on windy days.
If a hurricane like Wilma hits, that freaking fence is going to be embedded in my side wall of my house. Good thing I have shutters.
I will take a picture of it from my window so you can see it.

Some time over a cigar I will tell you how I really feel about her.:-):-):-)
No need to talk to her if it's that kind of relationship. Don't wanna have you go down that road with her. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 12:13 PM 03-31-2010
She used fencetown.com
[Reply]
forgop 06:35 PM 03-31-2010
She used fencetown.com
Thanks...I can't see what's really different in that stuff from the type of fence I looked at today.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:55 PM 03-31-2010
Thanks...I can't see what's really different in that stuff from the type of fence I looked at today.
I checked out the site and looked at the aluminum models and couldn't help but notice the ones that were "Boca" compliant.

Man, I knew I lived in a (female dog) with a y town but that is way too funny when you consider this is an Illinois based company and not a Florida one.:-)
[Reply]
Christoff 12:28 PM 04-01-2010
Some of the places I've seen online offer free shipping/discounts with orders $2500 or more, which I would have no problem meeting. I'm going to try the local box stores like Menards/Lowes/Home Dept and then a local hardware store about 3 miles down the road to try to get a wholesale price.
If you can get the free shipping then I would go that route, but, as others have pointed out (blueface) make sure you know what your buying. No need to come home to a fence embedded into your house :-) Good call on checking out the local retailers first. If they dont cut you a deal ask them who they buy from and give the wholesaler a call. With that large of an order I bet a wholesaler would be willing to do business with you. Best of luck to you.
[Reply]
Up