Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>I need some help
Don Fernando 12:58 AM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by :
To celebrate Record Store Day on November 26th, U2 are releasing a three-track live EP called Wide Awake In Europe. The limited edition vinyl will only be available from North American stores participating in Record Store Day.

'We all wanted to get behind Record Store Day, ’ said bassist Adam Clayton, 'My local record shop introduced me to music I didn’t know and I might never have discovered.'

With only 5000 copies pressed, Wide Awake In America will be led by 'Mercy’ recorded live in Brussels on September 22nd 2010 and also features live performances of 'Moment of Surrender' and 'I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight' from the U2360°Tour.

This is the first time any recording of Mercy has been released - the song has been in progress for a while and was featured in the setlist of the 2010 European leg of U2360°. Fans in the UK and Ireland will also have an opportunity to get the vinyl - a few hundred copies will also be shipped to shops in the UK and Ireland. Please check to see which stores are participating in the project.

The title of the EP recalls the band's 1985 release 'Wide Awake in America' which featured live performances from The Unforgettable Fire Tour.
Can someone pick me up a copy? It is a present for a close friend of mine who is a huge U2 fan and collector of these kinds of items.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 03:30 AM 11-24-2010
There are a couple of stores in my area Ferd, let me call them when they open this morning and see if they are going to get any in. I'll let you know :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:28 AM 11-24-2010
Much appreciated
[Reply]
Superbad 06:31 AM 11-24-2010
Sorry Ferdinand! The nearest participating shop is in Gainesville, about 225 miles from here.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:34 AM 11-24-2010
Bookmarked. I will follow suit if Brutus cannot come up with it. There are 2 shops listed in my area. I can call to see if they are getting this pressing.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:19 AM 11-24-2010
There's a shop 4 blocks away from my office. I should be able to pick up a copy of this easily, and would be happy to do so. How many of these do you want?! :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:29 AM 11-24-2010
just one. It's for a close friend of mine. U2 lost me as a fan after The Joshua Tree, last album I liked.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:34 AM 11-24-2010
No luck here...there was one store that wasn't open yet so I might still have some luck, but perhaps Gerard should check on the store close to him.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:28 AM 11-24-2010
I checked our local store (listed on the RSD site) but they do not have it and they do not think they are going to get any...
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:56 AM 11-24-2010
I just talked to the store owner. He will have 2 copies available, but it's a first-come deal for Friday only--he won't hold them, which I can understand (I guess) because it's a special promotion to bring people in to his store on Friday.

I'm not working Friday but I'll see if I can arrange my schedule to swing by his shop for you, Ferd. I'll let you know if I'm one of the lucky 2 :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:06 AM 11-27-2010
Did anyone come up with this?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:32 AM 11-27-2010
I haven't heard from Gerard yet.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 07:40 AM 11-27-2010
I had no luck!!
[Reply]
floydpink 07:33 PM 12-03-2010
Ferd,

I'm sure you know it, but this album is all over Ebay for about 70 bucks with free shipping.

Funny, U2 also lost me after Joshua Tree.

Lucked out in '86 and saw them in a small theatre in Upper Darby PA on the Unforgettable Fire tour from the 3rd row center. Waterboys opened the show and I felt may have been as good as U2 on this particular night anyway.

That was the album that defined them and made them a stadium band and one that produced music that no longer interests me.

Even funnier is the fact that I felt like the tickets cost me an arm and a leg at 60 bucks a piece.
[Reply]
Eleven 08:56 PM 12-03-2010
I saw U2 in Indy in 1987. It was memorable, but after that because of the turn their music took, I never wanted to see them again.

That night there was some mix up with The Bodeans and Los Lobos, I think maybe Los Lobos hadn't shown up yet, and U2 got dressed like cowboys and came out and sung a few songs country style. You could tell it was Bono on the big screens in the stadium, it was great!
[Reply]
smelvis 09:54 PM 12-03-2010
I saw em once and liked them, his politics soured me.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:00 AM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I haven't heard from Gerard yet.
:-)

I'm sorry, my friend, I forgot to post up--I did not have any luck with this. The shop is located in the middle of the Fan, which is an artsy, trendy section of Richmond just outside of Virginia Commonwealth University. By the time I got there, he was swamped.
[Reply]
Superbad 09:58 AM 12-04-2010
I saw U2 at LiveAid in London, and again in 1987. They lost me after that as well. I think it is funny they seem to have lost many of us as fans at the same point.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:42 PM 12-04-2010
Too bad, well my buddy will have to go on eBay then
[Reply]
Up