Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Fire & Ice
RevSmoke 09:26 PM 03-22-2011
Yes, we're having a late season snow storm. OK, a full-blown blizzard.

BUT...

...Lightning and thunder as well.

TOO COOL!!!
[Reply]
larryinlc 09:50 PM 03-22-2011
I'll tell you what...it's weird. Down here in SW Wisconsin, we've had a full afternoon and evening of thunderstorms with heavy rain and hail. Sometimes big hail. Now, this is not unusual in the springtime, but I've never seen this before at 33 degrees.:-)

Larry
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:06 PM 03-22-2011
This is odd, to say the least. I have seen thunder, lightning, and snow together, but this is near white-out conditions for snow and still the T&L.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 04:46 AM 03-23-2011
I know....the weather in Detroit is nutty also....Spring...wow
[Reply]
taltos 05:20 AM 03-23-2011
Todd, kind of raises cain with the early season fishing. I remember snow flurries on opening day of the trout season both in Massachusetts and the Catskills in New York State. Never had much luck on those days.:-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:40 AM 03-23-2011
In the 80s down here....
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:55 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by taltos:
Todd, kind of raises cain with the early season fishing. I remember snow flurries on opening day of the trout season both in Massachusetts and the Catskills in New York State. Never had much luck on those days.:-)
I have had a couple days where I went after Steelhead in the Lake Michigan tributaries when snow was falling. A couple of those days were incredible for fishing, I mean absolutely slammin' action. A falling or rising barometer are usually good days to be after spawning fish.

Never been out though when the weather was quite this bad. I'm going to hunker down and do indoor work today.

Probably won't get fishing in the next week anyway.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:59 AM 03-23-2011
Where is Madison in relation to this snowy weather? I shipped a (non-bomb) package yesterday by FedEx ground, which needs to get there by next week. Shouldn't be a problem, right?
[Reply]
Gophernut 02:02 PM 03-23-2011
Getting hit pretty good here in Western Wisco. The thunder and lightning were pretty fun to see/listen too last night.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:04 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Where is Madison in relation to this snowy weather? I shipped a (non-bomb) package yesterday by FedEx ground, which needs to get there by next week. Shouldn't be a problem, right?
Not a problem. Here in Wisconsin, we know how to deal with snow. Not too much slows down.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:16 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Hasn't snowed here in Madison, yet. Looks like it's on the docket for later in the week.
IF there are any delays, it'll be a day only. We laugh in the face of snow! MUAHAHAHAH :-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 03:47 PM 03-23-2011
well i gopt a package yesterday in this crap and today saw the usps,ups and fed ex moving around by the house so it doesn't seem like it slowed down packages. I just got back from blowing the ice snow from my boss;'s house that just had open heart surgery and this blowing crap sucks. but it is wi.
[Reply]
Volusianator 04:29 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Yes, we're having a late season snow storm. OK, a full-blown blizzard.

BUT...

...Lightning and thunder as well.

TOO COOL!!!
I drove home from Appleton last night to Suamico, full blown blizzard with thunder and VERY bright lightning. It was amazing to say the least
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:37 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
I drove home from Appleton last night to Suamico, full blown blizzard with thunder and VERY bright lightning. It was amazing to say the least
Except for the slick driving conditions, that would have been a cool drive.

It was amazing to look out the window in near white-out conditions and have the lightning flash.
[Reply]
TBone 07:12 PM 03-23-2011
I'm kinda jealous sitting here in VA with warm weather and thunderstorms...I'd much rather have the blizzards...keeps the idiots off the road.
[Reply]
Up