Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Decided on Cancun
shilala 09:54 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
The place where the movie 'The Blue Lagoon' filmed wasn't too far away either,
I had to check where the Blue Lagoon was really shot, because while we were just in the Dominican Republic, a guy that sells tours told us it was shot at a place where a trip went that he was selling.
Turns out we both got misinformed, imdb and wikipedia say it was shot in Fiji.
It made me smile when I saw you say that, anyways. I almost went on that tour just because of that. Really. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:59 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Going the first week of May it looks like. Funny you bumped this because I was searching through it last night.
I'm excited to see how it goes for you guys. I really want to go to Cancun or Cozumel. Make sure you get lots of pics and tell us the story when you get back, okay? :-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 11:38 AM 03-23-2011
You really want to know everything? :-)
[Reply]
SteveH 11:49 AM 03-23-2011
I was there last may. Stayed at the ME by Melia hotel...The room was excellent and the beach was nice. However we are more the advernturous type, and never really stayed around the hotels. If its your kinda thing, make sure you check out Xel-ha and Dos Ojos Cinote. Absolutely amazing diving...
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 12:33 PM 03-23-2011
You should check out the RUI CANCUN. I was there back in September-2010.
If you do or want to do any of the excursions make sure you book with the rep's in the hotel lobby. Everyone sells you trips/excursions but for the few bucks you save by buying them outside the hotel you are better off going with the hotle rep's. I'm sure you would rather go on nice rock star style tour bus with A/C, drinks, movies & food. If you go with the other guys you will get a white VW van all just to save $40-$50 :-)

Restaurants, the hotel has a steak house, buffet, asia house & nice buffet by the pool. On the hotel strip you can find just about every spot you can think of & all are about a 5-min taxi ride away. :-)

this is just my :-)

http://www.riucancunresorts.com/

P.S. dont buy any of the "HABANOS" cigars off the guys on the beach, strip or hotel. I was there for 15-days & did not see anyone with real Habanos.
[Reply]
MiamiE 12:52 PM 03-23-2011
How is the beach water there? I have heard the water is not to clear and lots of turtle grass.
[Reply]
Eleven 12:52 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
I had to check where the Blue Lagoon was really shot, because while we were just in the Dominican Republic, a guy that sells tours told us it was shot at a place where a trip went that he was selling.
Turns out we both got misinformed, imdb and wikipedia say it was shot in Fiji.
It made me smile when I saw you say that, anyways. I almost went on that tour just because of that. Really. :-)
LOL!

Tourists are suckers I spose. We had a blast there, the wife (ex now) and kid went snorkeling and I made FULL use of the bar.

So maybe the Blue Lagoon wasn't filmed there, but it was pretty darned nice :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 01:16 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
P.S. dont buy any of the "HABANOS" cigars off the guys on the beach, strip or hotel. I was there for 15-days & did not see anyone with real Habanos.
I was under the impression that there was a LCDH in the hotel zone?
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 02:04 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I was under the impression that there was a LCDH in the hotel zone?
YES, they do. I was refering to all the little markets, trinket shops, hotel lobby & the guys on the beach who try selling you $1 items at $45 each.

I do apologize for the confusion... :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 02:11 PM 03-23-2011
Excellent.... I am heading there shortly and though will take 20-25 sticks of my own, I wanted to stop into the LCdH to see if they had anything interesting.....
[Reply]
SteveH 02:49 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
How is the beach water there? I have heard the water is not to clear and lots of turtle grass.
Its not bad; but there are some tides which will stir up the sand. Also by Xelha there are haloclines which will impede visibility. Here's some pics:

Halocline is visible here:

And a quick pic from the cinote:
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up