Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>The Super Bowl
Bill86 08:14 PM 02-06-2011
Originally Posted by acarr:
Fergie is butchering Sweet Child of Mine. This is terrible.
I'm glad I didn't watch then. That's awful, should be illegal.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:15 PM 02-06-2011
Congrats to all the Packers fans, and to the Steelers fans for a great season.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:16 PM 02-06-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Congrats to all the Packers fans, and to the Steelers fans for a great season.
:-) Entertaining game. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 08:17 PM 02-06-2011
Wow. I don't remember the last time I was that nervous in a game we never trailed. Luckily, the patchwork held up. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:17 PM 02-06-2011
And now the post-game show: the awarding of the Lombardi Trophy, and Brett Favre's 4th annual retirement press conference. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
joeobx 08:22 PM 02-06-2011
Congrats to the Packers. Was a hell'va game.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:30 PM 02-06-2011
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Wow. I don't remember the last time I was that nervous in a game we never trailed. Luckily, the patchwork held up. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
JDTexan 08:43 PM 02-06-2011
Great Super Bowl her in Big D, glad the game was better than the weather!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:14 PM 02-06-2011
What a great game. I must say that I do not like sweating out a game like that. I thought that we were going to lose this one when Driver and Woodson went out.

God's blessings to all the Steelers fans.

Peace of the Lord be iwth you.
[Reply]
Tredegar 09:28 PM 02-06-2011
A friend and her family from work are huge Steeler fans. We got invited over for their party: pig roast. Great to watch especially since my wife and stepson are cheeseheads.

Did it seem like there were more car commercials than ever? It seemed like every car manufacturer had at least one slot during the game. Budweiser was almost nonexistent, if nothing else, non memorable. The only really decent commercial was the one from Snickers.

And the 08 San Cristobal El Principe was really good too.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:29 PM 02-06-2011
Originally Posted by joeobx:
Congrats to the Packers. Was a hell'va game.
Yup!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:43 PM 02-06-2011
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
What a great game. I must say that I do not like sweating out a game like that. I thought that we were going to lose this one when Driver and Woodson went out...
...and don't forget Collins and Shields too walked off the field before the end of the first half. I was sweatin it at that point and hoping they would make it back for the second half.

We hurt ourselves by missing some right-on time passes to Nelson and Jones. Two of those dropped passes had TD written all over them. Fortunately, we had that nice turnover by Pittsburgh and the tide seem to favor back to the Packers (just a bit), but enough for the eventual win.

Nail biter and standing most of the 4th Qrt, but was able to take a deep breath when it all concluded:-):-)

[Reply]
Neens 10:06 PM 02-06-2011
That was a great game to watch.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:11 PM 02-06-2011
Where's Green Bay? Canada? :-)
First game I've missed in many years. Sounds like it was a good one. I was on the road all day and forgot all about it.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:08 AM 02-07-2011
Aaron Rodgers did Chico, CA proud!!!:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:43 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
...and don't forget Collins and Shields too walked off the field before the end of the first half. I was sweatin it at that point and hoping they would make it back for the second half.

We hurt ourselves by missing some right-on time passes to Nelson and Jones. Two of those dropped passes had TD written all over them. Fortunately, we had that nice turnover by Pittsburgh and the tide seem to favor back to the Packers (just a bit), but enough for the eventual win.

Nail biter and standing most of the 4th Qrt, but was able to take a deep breath when it all concluded:-):-)
Stood up only to walk around the room for high 5's, more food/drink, or to get rid of some coffee. Did however curl up in the fetal position a few times with eyes covered and afraid to look.

Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
First game I've missed in many years. Sounds like it was a good one. I was on the road all day and forgot all about it.
Green Bay? That's the heart of America, baby! In the northern heartland.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Stephen 09:22 AM 02-07-2011
It's where the Lombardi Trophy resides! Go Pack Go!!!
[Reply]
taltos 10:54 AM 02-07-2011
Picture a refrigerator with the freezer on top. Place said refrigerator in the middle of the country with it's orientation north to south. The freezer will represent Wisconsin with the freezer representing Green Bay.:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up