Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Apple, the Smoke Nazi
Resipsa 10:19 AM 11-22-2009
Interesting read:

http://consumerist.com/5408885/smoki...voids-warranty
[Reply]
MikeyC 10:25 AM 11-22-2009
It seems companies these days will look for any excuse not to honor a warranty or service plan.
[Reply]
macpappy 10:52 AM 11-22-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
It seems companies these days will look for any excuse not to honor a warranty or service plan.
I agree that companies are looking for any excuse to void a warranty. Just like insurance companies looking for any excuse to not pay.

That being said, one of the first lessons learned about working with or around electronic equipment is NO SMOKING. The tar and nicotine in the smoke can damage the equipment.

And, that being said... I can see a class action lawsuit coming because the apple care warranty doesn't say anything about smoking voiding the warranty.

And by the way, I've been a Mac user since 1986.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:56 AM 11-22-2009
Wow. I always have my MacBook when I am having a cigar. It goes with me like my wallet.

Weak. Really ****ing weak.
[Reply]
eber 11:05 AM 11-22-2009
wow, that is crazy. I have my macbook with me when I smoke too and I have the applecare warranty. I agree with the aforementioned class action comment (hopefully it doesn't get to that point) This does surprise me however because apple has always been more than accommodating with any warranty issues with my ipod, iphone and my macbook, they even helped me out after my iphone warranty expired.

unfortunately because smoking is looked so negatively upon by the general (non-smoking) public, this issue will probably not get much attention or sympathy from the media.
[Reply]
timo 11:10 AM 11-22-2009
F**K Apple
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 12:02 PM 11-22-2009
Originally Posted by :
She said that the computer is beyond economical repair due to tar from cigarette smoke!
I believe it. Before anyone goes too far slamming Apple, the inside of a smokers computer can be extremely nasty.
[Reply]
Dux 12:10 PM 11-22-2009
Makes me happy I own a PC :-)
[Reply]
eber 12:46 PM 11-22-2009
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel:
I believe it. Before anyone goes too far slamming Apple, the inside of a smokers computer can be extremely nasty.
:-)

my first HDTV has some damage in the picture quality due to years of being in a "party apartment" where primarily cigarettes were smoked but lots of 'em. oddly enough it still works and is still on the original bulb (rear proj. LCD) and it had TONS of hours on it. It is now my TV in my man cave because now I don't care how much smoke it comes in contact with and the picture is still really good
[Reply]
SeanGAR 01:09 PM 11-22-2009
Me, I have the utmost sympathy for the Apple geniuses who work on their computers.

Can you imagine opening one up and finding something toxic inside like .. I dunno ... cadmium, mercury or lead?

All that brain damage ... they'd turn stoopid right quick like.
[Reply]
Darrell 01:11 PM 11-22-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Me, I have the utmost sympathy for the Apple geniuses who work on their computers.

Can you imagine opening one up and finding something toxic inside like .. I dunno ... cadmium, mercury or lead?

All that brain damage ... they'd turn stoopid right quick like.
Ahhhhhh. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Up