Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>drip drip
markem 10:12 AM 11-22-2009
Turns out that the "affordable" painter we hired to paint the trim on the house last summer almost cost us a fortune. He caulked over the drain holes for the windows and we've been having rain storms with heavy winds that pound the front of the house. You guesses it, the bottom of the windows have been filling and silently overflowing into the house. Had a weird feeling that something was wrong last night, checked one window to find a large pool of water on the sill getting ready to overflow on to the floor. The standing water did damage some blinds and now two windows have black mold, but no damage to the woodwork. Found and opened the drain holes on two windows - off to clear the others now.

Paint contractor will be getting a call tomorrow.
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 10:21 AM 11-22-2009
Licensed, bonded and insured I hope? That sux Mark, good luck with the fix.
[Reply]
gorob23 10:50 AM 11-22-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
Had a weird feeling that something was wrong last night, checked one window to find a large pool of water on the sill getting ready to overflow on to the floor. .
:-) We had 10 years of leaks in this house until we got it straightened out. Good Luck Buddy Check it top to bottom it really SUCKS! At least you were smart enough to figure it out :-)

Rob
[Reply]
markem 11:05 AM 11-22-2009
Originally Posted by gorob23:
:-) We had 10 years of leaks in this house until we got it straightened out. Good Luck Buddy Check it top to bottom it really SUCKS! At least you were smart enough to figure it out :-)

Rob
The stories of the other leaks (contractor installed faulty windows, claimed they were solid, had dry rot, 4 windows replaced, and the siding on two sides replaced twice) are only worth telling over copious amounts of alcohol.

My new motto: I have a lawyer and she has a 90%+ success rate.
[Reply]
eber 11:08 AM 11-22-2009
wow that sucks man, good luck getting everything straightened out :-)
[Reply]
BigFrank 01:09 PM 11-22-2009
Sad to hear. No one cares about craftsmanship or just plain doing the job right anymore.
[Reply]
MedicCook 01:40 PM 11-22-2009
Good luck Mark.
[Reply]
hotreds 01:42 PM 11-22-2009
Sounds like the painter was a real drip! OK- sorry. Good luck getting it all fixed- sounds like you have your ammo all set if needed!
[Reply]
Up