Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Self-Roasting Coffee
OHRD 01:56 PM 11-19-2009
I've been a coffee drinker for some 15 years or so and it never occurred to me until last week to self-roast. I've seen sites selling combos w/ a roaster and green beans but I'm not sure what to get. I am also currently using a blade grinder and I've been told the grinder makes all the difference in the world, and to invest in a Burr.

Any suggestions from some self-roasters out here in the Asylum???
[Reply]
markem 02:00 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
I've been a coffee drinker for some 15 years or so and it never occurred to me until last week to self-roast. I've seen sites selling combos w/ a roaster and green beans but I'm not sure what to get. I am also currently using a blade grinder and I've been told the grinder makes all the difference in the world, and to invest in a Burr.

Any suggestions from some self-roasters out here in the Asylum???
Be sure to google/search here for the popcorn popper method. I'm told that it is a good way to start. I don't roast, but herf with someone who is a great roast. The grinder makes a huge difference, provided you can tell. I like Folgers coffee, so while I love getting good coffees, they just taste like marginally better coffees to me. Unless I use a moka pot. I am so about the quality of the beans and grind with a moka pot.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 02:06 PM 11-19-2009
Check out the coffee forum here. They know what they are talking about.

However, like Mark, I actually enjoy folgers enough to still drink it.
[Reply]
Up