Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>I have an interview in a couple hours...
JE3146 03:27 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
sweet, Jordan! Let me know which area and I can have my MS friends scope out the group for you before you decide if you want to take the job.

I appreciate it.

This was just the technical review, ie stage 1.

If I make it to stage 2, then I'll get to meet the teams I could work for over a series of like 6 to 8 interviews.

So if I make it to stage 2, I may have you dig up some info for me :-)

Interview went well though. Totally forgot the syntax of a coding question they asked :-) but I haven't used that stuff in over 2 years. My pseudo code was spot on exactly right though. So at least I knew that much.

Background info and current projects discussions went about as good as they could. He seemed very interested in stuff I was doing. A lot of positive reactions and comments about it.

So now I get to wait :-)... I'll know within a week or two.
[Reply]
str8edg 03:35 PM 11-19-2009
excellent sir...

<fingers crossed>
[Reply]
DBall 06:23 PM 11-19-2009
That's just straight awesome.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:40 PM 11-19-2009
That's exciting!

What were some of the techincal questions you were asked?
What kind of role are they recruiting for?
[Reply]
Wanger 07:57 PM 11-19-2009
Well done, #2.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:16 PM 11-19-2009
What coding question were you asked?

What pseudo code did you have to write?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:54 PM 11-19-2009
Nice work Jordan :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 09:07 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
What coding question were you asked?

What pseudo code did you have to write?
Create a Linked List in C

Then create a function that that takes the list and reverses it's order.

I've been doing mostly embedded C programming, and before that strictly Perl, so writing out data structures and pointers and all that jazz in C is about 2 years rusty.

Looking back on it, it wasn't that hard of a task, but at least the thought process that I had was right, and so was my answer, even if the syntax wasn't correct :-) Could have asked to do it in Perl, but I couldn't think of how to do data structures in it until I had left the interview and realized I could have used a hash in place of a struct in C. Was a simple mistake, but 'in the moment' i just blanked :-)

That and I had about 5 minutes to do this. Thought no way in hell they'd ask me to do something related to data structures in a 30 minute interview, but alas, I was wrong. I'll be prepped and ready if it happens again though. Believe that.

If I don't make it to stage 2, I'm 99.99% sure it's because of that.
[Reply]
JE3146 09:10 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
That's exciting!

What were some of the techincal questions you were asked?
What kind of role are they recruiting for?
A very vague Software development position or a Hardware development position.

Could be in any one of 3 dozen divisions really.
[Reply]
Riff Raff 09:14 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Create a Linked List in C

Then create a function that that takes the list and reverses it's order.

I've been doing mostly embedded C programming, and before that strictly Perl, so writing out data structures and pointers and all that jazz in C is about 2 years rusty.

Looking back on it, it wasn't that hard of a task, but at least the thought process that I had was right, and so was my answer, even if the syntax wasn't correct :-) Could have asked to do it in Perl, but I couldn't think of how to do data structures in it until I had left the interview and realized I could have used a hash in place of a struct in C. Was a simple mistake, but 'in the moment' i just blanked :-)

That and I had about 5 minutes to do this. Thought no way in hell they'd ask me to do something related to data structures in a 30 minute interview, but alas, I was wrong. I'll be prepped and ready if it happens again though. Believe that.

If I don't make it to stage 2, I'm 99.99% sure it's because of that.
Positive mental attitude! I wish you all the luck in the world!

Make sure you know the 5 FSMO roles! That was the first question I was asked when I applied for Google. Needless to say, I didn't know it then. I do now! :-)

Good luck brother!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up