Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>How much do you spend on postage
SilverFox 11:48 AM 11-16-2009
I have seen several what do you spend threads on cigars accessories etc.

But I am curious if anyone has thought of this one. Between trades, bombs, passes, MAW's, sales what do you think you give to the postal services annually.

I figured mine out and it is staggering.

In 2009 I have spent over $1,800 (USD) I think that the post office should send me a Christmas present :-)

Oh and this is only outbound this does not include shipping to me from vendors etc.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:54 AM 11-16-2009
I don't want to know, but it's several 100 dollars. The small packages I am shipping are about 15 dollars and the bigger boxes somewhere between 30 and 40 dollar. The huge box that I send Tobii and Skills was over 75 dollars. I think it's close to $1000 I spend this year so far.
[Reply]
massphatness 11:55 AM 11-16-2009
USPS doesn't allow me to view more than 31 days of data at a time, but a quick check of a few months of data and I come up with roughly $100 - $125 per month in outbound shipping.
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:09 PM 11-16-2009
Around $250 since May.
[Reply]
bobarian 12:39 PM 11-16-2009
I switched from sending everything priority after I looked at my bill last Nov-Dec of over $500. For anything in the same zone First Class is just as fast as long as the box isnt over 13ozs, most fivers run about 8-10oz. Priority is faster coast to coast so I use Priority for long distance stuff.

Shipping to Canada, always use FC, Priority does not get it there any faster. I am not sure about to US from Canada. But I would switch for FC to save yourself some money. :-)

I do not count the packages I send to the troops. Shipped about 10 Flat Rate boxes this year so that's another $100+.
[Reply]
Volt 12:52 PM 11-16-2009
I do not want to know. I started to do that at one time this year during the summer and quit, it was climbing north of $600.00 then. It was depressing. I am also getting away from using Priority mail, I just don't see the value in the time saved (no issues with FC) or the cost of a DC. If they hit the dog sled route it will be cheaper overall to replace what I sent should that be needed than to keep paying for Priority on each package.

As to teh DC, anyone could post a purchased DC and "claim" what ever was sent and lost.... It is no proof of anything other than a DC was purchased. If someone really needs a DC I'll get one and back charge it, waste IMO of money though.
[Reply]
DMK 06:47 PM 11-16-2009
My only concern is if it gets there in a timely manner....
I only keep the slips until I know they have landed, then they are destroyed so the wifey dosen't find them....:-)
I honestly don't have a clue, maybe a good thing...:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:51 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
I do not want to know.
Between the NST, bombs, and trades I really don't want to know.
[Reply]
md4958 07:01 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
USPS doesn't allow me to view more than 31 days of data at a time, but a quick check of a few months of data and I come up with roughly $100 - $125 per month in outbound shipping.
:-) and only back 6 months but about $100 a month for me too... however, December is usually a busy month :-)
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 07:05 PM 11-16-2009
You can get a 'discount' card at Canada post for 10% off.
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:35 PM 11-16-2009
Shawn I bet I'm close to you. I think single handedly we both keep them in business in 2009 :-) I know it's definitely 100s of dollars but no idea exactly how much I spent.
[Reply]
Tarks 04:16 PM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by maverickdrinker:
You can get a 'discount' card at Canada post for 10% off.
You can open up a business account and that will save you 8% on xpress post shipping.
[Reply]
SilverFox 04:24 PM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by Tarks:
You can open up a business account and that will save you 8% on xpress post shipping.

LOL

That is with my Venture card...........at full snap add 10%
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:03 PM 11-17-2009
Way too much!! Few hundred bucks!!
[Reply]
Cyanide 11:03 PM 11-17-2009
Is there any ability to develop a corporate relationship with them that allows registered CA members to access some type of special rates? Probably not, as these are either government agencies/crown corporations or close enough to such that they don't see any point in allowing such arrangements.

Just thinking out loud.....

...hmmm some hotsauce would be good right about now....
[Reply]
SilverFox 11:55 PM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by Cyanide:
Is there any ability to develop a corporate relationship with them that allows registered CA members to access some type of special rates? Probably not, as these are either government agencies/crown corporations or close enough to such that they don't see any point in allowing such arrangements.

Just thinking out loud.....

...hmmm some hotsauce would be good right about now....

Are you sure all your synapse are firing in sequence? :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:30 AM 11-18-2009
Between yesterday and today alone will be about $60. It gets up there, that's for sure. I wanted to participate in more passes, etc. but I don't have the $ this month to do much more.:-) There's always next month though!!!!:-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:23 AM 11-18-2009
I have a lady friend who both of her parents work for the P.O. I told them about bombing, MAW/TAW, and trades that we do just on our site and they say thanks.

I don't want to know how much I spent so far. Anything over 100 bucks to those thieves is too much :-)
[Reply]
Up