Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>BlackBerry Down!
Old Sailor 12:34 PM 06-17-2009
So why didn't ya say you needed a Blackberry, Al?:-):-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 12:34 PM 06-17-2009
If you are still under you 1 year warranty just go back to the store and have them replace it. Won't cost you anything.. The only way they deny you is if they can prove there is water damage but I doubt they can. Since it wasn't really submerged I doubt the water damage indicator will be tripped. Give it a try, it could save you 50 bucks and the insurance claim.
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:37 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
If you are still under you 1 year warranty just go back to the store and have them replace it. Won't cost you anything.. The only way they deny you is if they can prove there is water damage but I doubt they can. Since it wasn't really submerged I doubt the water damage indicator will be tripped. Give it a try, it could save you 50 bucks and the insurance claim.
FYI...some phones have a little white strip that is under the battery that will turn red if wet.
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:39 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by Old Sailor:
So why didn't ya say you needed a Blackberry, Al?:-):-)

Cuz I'm smart! :-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 12:42 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Cuz I'm smart! :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:43 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by Old Sailor:
:-):-):-)
Don't you have a bomb crawling across Canada that you should be checking on? :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 12:50 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
FYI...some phones have a little white strip that is under the battery that will turn red if wet.
Trust me I know! I've had a few water damaged phones that the indicator did not show water damage. If you don't fully submerge your phone in water there is a good chance that it won't change color.

I've worked in the cell phone industry briefly and companies really don't even notice if you white out that indicator. So say it starts out white and turns pink to indicate water damage. Put some white out on there and companies don't even notice. Be careful though if there are obvious signs of water damage (ie water under the screen, mold growing on the battery terminals you might not want to try it).

*disclaimer: I'm not advising anyone to commit fraud or take advantage of companies this way. I'm just saying it is done and consumers can get away with it a lot.
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:53 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Trust me I know! I've had a few water damaged phones that the indicator did not show water damage. If you don't fully submerge your phone in water there is a good chance that it won't change color.

I've worked in the cell phone industry briefly and companies really don't even notice if you white out that indicator. So say it starts out white and turns pink to indicate water damage. Put some white out on there and companies don't even notice. Be careful though if there are obvious signs of water damage (ie water under the screen, mold growing on the battery terminals you might not want to try it).

*disclaimer: I'm not advising anyone to commit fraud or take advantage of companies this way. I'm just saying it is done and consumers can get away with it a lot.
:-)

I like this guy!
[Reply]
Tazziedevil 02:55 PM 06-17-2009
This post made me cringe! I love my berry and would be devestated if I dunked mine!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Old Sailor 02:58 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Don't you have a bomb crawling across Canada that you should be checking on? :-)
might be redirected to nj, ya never know??:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up