Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>hey smeg heads
markem 08:52 PM 10-07-2009
So, who else is a Red Dwarf fan?

We rewatch the entire series about once a year. On season 4 now.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

[Reply]
T.G 09:31 PM 10-07-2009
I've got two taste buds left and they both scream CURRY!

Still hoping for the final season and the movie.
[Reply]
markem 09:36 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
I've got two taste buds left and they both scream CURRY!

Still hoping for the final season and the movie.
You mean that you are waiting for this press release:

2 October, 2009
October 6th sees the long-awaited American release of Back to Earth on DVD and Blu-ray. We'd like to thank our Yank friends for being so patient.

That's the news from http://www.reddwarf.co.uk
[Reply]
T.G 09:38 PM 10-07-2009
Cool.

(can you tell I got so tired of waiting after so many years I finally stopped checking for updates on the feature?)
[Reply]
markem 09:40 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
Cool.

(can you tell I got so tired of waiting after 4 or so years I finally stopped checking for updates on the feature?)
All the shows and the movie are available as a set as well, check that web site.
[Reply]
CIGma_Chi 09:52 PM 10-07-2009
Big Red Dwarf fan here. Back in my comic book days, I opened up conversations with Grant Naylor to adapt Dwarf for US comics. It never went anywhere but I got a bunch of cool stuff from the production offices.

I too make it a point to revisit the series from the beginning several times a year ... with "Funking up Wagner" in the background of course. :-)
[Reply]
CIGma_Chi 08:50 AM 10-12-2009
Check this out:

http://blogs.liverpooldailypost.co.u...nth-serie.html

Originally Posted by :
It's just been announced at Dimension Jump 09 that Red Dwarf has been commissioned for a tenth season.

Fans at the Red Dwarf convention in Birmingham were the first to be told the news.
Robert Llewellyn (Kryten) broke the news to fans on Twitter, and within hours the show was a trending topic.
But Llewellyn was quick to stress that new scripts have been commissioned first, with filming expected to begin sometime in 2010 if they are greenlighted.
I have to say that while I genuinely love Red Dwarf, that last Back to Earth 'special' was absolutely dire.
Whoever was responsible for it should hang their head in shame.
I have to admit that I stopped watching the show after Season 7 and didn't care for "Back to Earth" either.
[Reply]
str8edg 08:56 PM 10-17-2009
Sign me up as a fan as well...

I don't have the whole thing on dvd (I am missing the last two seasons) BUT I do love the show... hmmmmm, me thinks I just thought of a Christmas gift for myself! :-)
[Reply]
Up