Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Oliva O Bold
groogs 01:18 PM 02-28-2009
I just found two boxes of the Ole's at my local shop. I am not sure if they are the cloth band or not, because the boxes are still in celo, and I don't know if the boxes are different for the cloth and paper baded O Bolds. They are asking $109 per pox, do you think that is a good price?
[Reply]
bobarian 01:25 PM 02-28-2009
Great find Grant! I think that is a good price, but what do I know. Papajohn would probably know. :-)
[Reply]
The Saint 01:29 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by groogs:
I just found two boxes of the Ole's at my local shop. I am not sure if they are the cloth band or not, because the boxes are still in celo, and I don't know if the boxes are different for the cloth and paper baded O Bolds. They are asking $109 per pox, do you think that is a good price?
If the box is a kind of tiger striped red and black, then I think they are the cloth band. As far as the price goes, just remember they are aged cigar...and a tasty one at that, I would tell you to go for it. I would also try to talk him down a bit, may be offer him $190 for both, who knows maybe he'll bite and you can save a couple of bucks and get a great smoke in the deal.
[Reply]
groogs 01:33 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by The Saint:
If the box is a kind of tiger striped red and black, then I think they are the cloth band. As far as the price goes, just remember they are aged cigar...and a tasty one at that, I would tell you to go for it. I would also try to talk him down a bit, may be offer him $190 for both, who knows maybe he'll bite and you can save a couple of bucks and get a great smoke in the deal.

The boxes are red and black striped. They are already 40% off so I am not sure he will go any lower. If I was sure they were the cloth band I would probably jump one at least one box. I have heard the paper band is the same blend, just the second run, is that correct?
[Reply]
cbsmokin 01:45 PM 02-28-2009
Sounds like these:

They will have a RED cloth band.

The toilet seat box has a BLUE cloth band:

And the price being asked is more than fair.
[Reply]
groogs 01:48 PM 02-28-2009
They are exactly like the top box, I guess I am going to have to head back to the B&M.
[Reply]
DMK 01:49 PM 02-28-2009
Box split??
[Reply]
BengalMan 02:26 PM 02-28-2009
I'd definitely pick em up groogs, that's a helluva deal on a helluva cigar. When were down in Nicaragua, there's always a handful of reps that head back to the aging room and try and hunt down a bundle or two of these. Good find!
[Reply]
bobarian 02:36 PM 02-28-2009
They are exactly like the top box, I guess I am going to have to head back to the B&M.
:-):-)We need to herf REAL soon, Grant!:-)
[Reply]
The Saint 02:57 PM 02-28-2009
Yeah I guess $109/box isn't to bad, cost on that box in '06 was $71.89/box. I think I'd still offer him $100 a box, he makes a little money and he moves some old stock.
[Reply]
groogs 03:04 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-):-)We need to herf REAL soon, Grant!:-)
Sounds good to me, I have some good cigars to hand out.:-) One box was gone when I got to the B&M, but I got the other one.

I am not going to make it tomorrow, because I am just getting over a cold, and I am not ready to smoke yet, but I should be moving into the new house next weekend, so you know a herf is just around the corner.:-)
[Reply]
groogs 03:06 PM 02-28-2009
Yeah I guess $109/box isn't to bad, cost on that box in '06 was $71.89/box. I think I'd still offer him $100 a box, he makes a little money and he moves some old stock.

These are the silk banded Olivas, and as far as I know they have been out of production since 03'.
[Reply]
The Saint 03:09 PM 02-28-2009
These are the silk banded Olivas, and as far as I know they have been out of production since 03'.
They are listed in the winter '06 Oliva price guide, with silk bands.
[Reply]
shilala 03:28 PM 02-28-2009
Have you smoked an orange banded O yet? Papajohn loves them. Shilala, not so much. They aren't bad, but blue band O's beat the ever-lovin hell outta the orange band. By light years.
Yeah, that's an excellent price.
[Reply]
groogs 03:36 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Have you smoked an orange banded O yet? Papajohn loves them. Shilala, not so much. They aren't bad, but blue band O's beat the ever-lovin hell outta the orange band. By light years.
Yeah, that's an excellent price.
I have only had the Blue Band and they were great, I figured if they are not to my liking, I can still pass the good deal onto some brothers that like them.
[Reply]
Volt 03:51 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
I'd definitely pick em up groogs, that's a helluva deal on a helluva cigar. When were down in Nicaragua, there's always a handful of reps that head back to the aging room and try and hunt down a bundle or two of these. Good find!
Next trip down, remember your CA buddies :-)
[Reply]
Volt 03:53 PM 02-28-2009
They are listed in the winter '06 Oliva price guide, with silk bands.
Listed as in still a stock item. Email from Oliva said they silks were last put out in 03. FWIW.
[Reply]
Up