Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Tattoo ideas
rebelknight 08:18 PM 01-24-2011
So seeing as a tattoo is a very permanent thing I have put a lot of thought into exactly what I want and now I just kind of need some opinions. I know what I want for my tattoo but I'm not sure of fonts, size and location so I'm coming to you for ideas.

I want to get a tattoo that says "Ignem Mittere In Terram" which means "set fire upon the earth" It is my high schools motto and is inscribed on my class ring. It is also something that just means a lot to me and is a philosophy that I live by.

I have yet to give any thought to how big I want this or in what kind of font so if you have any cool fonts please share and if you have an opinion on how big that would also be helpful.

As far as location I am pretty sure I want it on one of my thighs so that it will be covered up and not be an issue in applying for a job or anything. However I will consider any suggestions.

Of course once I get the tattoo I will post pictures. Thanks for the help
[Reply]
hscmit 08:21 PM 01-24-2011
have you considered a tramp stamp?
[Reply]
sikk50 08:24 PM 01-24-2011
Here are my suggestions. First keep in mind as you grow older your skin goes through a lot of changes. Most people (myself included) would recommend taking the size you want it and add about 10-20% of the size to it. This will additionally help prevent it turning into a very expensive liver spot when your old.

Now my personal oppinion is that is a pretty sick motto and would look good done as a collar tattoo on your chest. But that would just be my opinion.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 08:24 PM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:
Nice :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:32 PM 01-24-2011
Barbed wire and something reminiscently tribal always seems to be a winner.
[Reply]
rebelknight 08:40 PM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:
I'll keep it in mind but I was really saving that real estate for my butterfly tattoo.:-)
[Reply]
hscmit 08:42 PM 01-24-2011
the collar idea sounds pretty cool
[Reply]
Patrick B 11:47 PM 01-24-2011
I second the collar idea, and I really like the motto, it's bad-ass. I'm throwing a few ideas around myself, I need a couple more tats to get to an even 10. And I've always thought that bigger is better. If you're going to do it, go all out. Can't wait to see the pics.

Another thought would be going down your side, from armpit to waist, but that area is quite sensitive...
[Reply]
J0eybb 12:02 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Barbed wire and something reminiscently tribal always seems to be a winner.
Pete is a smart man. Do It.
[Reply]
sikk50 01:18 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
I second the collar idea, and I really like the motto, it's bad-ass. I'm throwing a few ideas around myself, I need a couple more tats to get to an even 10. And I've always thought that bigger is better. If you're going to do it, go all out. Can't wait to see the pics.

Another thought would be going down your side, from armpit to waist, but that area is quite sensitive...
Indeed it is, however I found the ankle to be worse. Probably just because of the movement of the skin while walking after
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 07:32 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Indeed it is, however I found the ankle to be worse. Probably just because of the movement of the skin while walking after
Top of the foot is right up there as well. Socks and shoes for work kind of sucks for the week after. LOL
[Reply]
rebelknight 07:42 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:

I like that idea. I never even thought of that before. And bigger is better, good call.
[Reply]
Patrick B 07:46 AM 01-25-2011
Damnit, now I wanna get some fresh ink this weekend. Haha
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:21 AM 01-25-2011
Camo.
Except you would have to decide for what environment.
OK, scratch that idea.
Maybe a pattern with something hidden in it.
[Reply]
tobii3 09:40 AM 01-25-2011
Might I suggest -

AMITTO OF MEUS EARS

:-)
[Reply]
Up