Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
All Cigar Discussion>Bundles, Seconds and Over-Runs
N2 GOLD 11:37 AM 04-21-2011
I always keep 2-3 bundles of Rosa Cuba. My picks are the Governors & Herencia. I always get them from JR Cigars you can get both bundles rught now for $34.90 for both. Put them in the humi for some age & they do get better with time. At $0.80 & $0.95 each, you cant beat that... :-)
[Reply]
taltos 04:55 PM 04-21-2011
I don't smoke real expensive cigars, the taste is the comfort thing for me. My high ends are Oliva V's and Masterblends. I love bundle/less expensive smokes that taste great such as Perdomo2 Mistakes in maduro, these are the original Perdomo2 at a lower price than I can buy the new Perdomo2 which I also love. Another great bundle smoke is the El Cobre, strong with a distinct yet classic Oliva flavor and the smell will keep people from bothering you. I have also found Omar Ortez Originals at Cigar Place in 20 cigar bundles. As far as seconds, love the Rocky Vintage 1992's when I can find them and any of the Rocky unlabeled seconds from Cigars International, all 4 varities are quite good. The Famous Nic 3000's are also worth keeping in stock.
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 02:41 AM 04-24-2011
I've smoked three value cigars. In descending order, Mayorga Maduro Torpedo, Nica Libre and Flor de Oliva. I've smoked three or four boxes of the Mayorga. I love them! To me they compete quite well with more expensive Nicaraguan cigars. @ ~$60.00 for a box of 20, compare to $150.00 to $200.00/box.
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:17 PM 07-21-2013
I dug this thread up from the cellar, and thought it was very interesting, well worth reading for those who have to buy their cigars on a budget. However, some of the cigars no longer seem to be available (Taboo Value Blend & LHO's from Holt's, for example). I have 2 questions:

1) Can you recommend a nice bundle/second/overrun medium bodied cigar with a Connecticut wrapper for me? My wife enjoys an occasional cigar and this would work for her.

2) Are there other worthy bundles/seconds/overrun cigars that have come out since 2009 when this thread began? Any new surpises that you've discovered?
[Reply]
Robulous78 09:36 PM 07-21-2013
OHHHH DUDE... someone needs to get you on some Ligero laced 2nd's from CI pronto...

they are basically cain 2nds... the h is the habano, D- Daytona, M- Maduro, F- F... etc.

check em out Ligero Laced 2nds

Bundles of 15, reasonably priced, perfect yard gars all the way... :-)
[Reply]
TXRebel 10:00 PM 07-21-2013
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
1) Can you recommend a nice bundle/second/overrun medium bodied cigar with a Connecticut wrapper for me? My wife enjoys an occasional cigar and this would work for her.
I haven't had one in about 5 years, but if I remember right the Flor De Oliva Gold was a decent stick. I prefer their maduros.
[Reply]
poriggity 09:34 AM 07-22-2013
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
OHHHH DUDE... someone needs to get you on some Ligero laced 2nd's from CI pronto...

they are basically cain 2nds... the h is the habano, D- Daytona, M- Maduro, F- F... etc.

check em out Ligero Laced 2nds

Bundles of 15, reasonably priced, perfect yard gars all the way... :-)
Great point! I really need to save my pennies and buy multiple bundles of these. I got the chance to smoke the Liga F lancero, and the Cain F lancero side by side, one after another, and they were pretty dang close to identical.
[Reply]
Lockspur 09:58 AM 07-22-2013
AJ Fernandez Overruns at CI. The coronas are $2 a stick.
[Reply]
dijit 10:28 AM 07-22-2013
These wont fit the Connecticut wrapper criteria but they are a great low cost alternative to the Alec Bradley tempus. This AB second actually rated higher than the firsts a coupld of years ago.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/alec+bra...ars/item+29561
[Reply]
ntempleton 10:04 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
However, some of the cigars no longer seem to be available (Taboo Value Blend & LHO's from Holt's, for example). I have 2 questions:
Good bundles seem to be getting harder to find. I've been trolling the devil site far to much lately trying to satisfy my value cigar ich, with little success.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Up