Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Best Cigar You Ever Smoked?
OpusEx 07:08 PM 05-20-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
80's Davidoff 5000
Have been picking on a box I bought some years ago and this has consistently been a favorite.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 07:22 PM 05-20-2010
Some stinky old cigar Klugs gave me some time ago (thanks Dave).

I think he said it was a Dum-Hill-Kab-A-Net-Uhh or something.

I'm pretty sure that means it was a Gurhka .... damned good Gurhka I'll tell you.
[Reply]
Superbad 07:41 PM 05-20-2010
My top 2 would be the CC RyJ Churchill that must have been 10 years old my dad's friend gave me for my birthday, and the 1995-ish era Cohiba Lancero. I bought it in Belize, In 1995 buti have no clue what year it was made.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:46 PM 05-20-2010
Best cigar ever, not taking into account any other factor, was a Partagas Dunhill 777 smoked with Allan in KC. Sad part is I will never smoke another one again, but I will never forget the one I had.
[Reply]
TripleF 07:49 PM 05-20-2010
LG Cubano
[Reply]
Jokermann 06:10 AM 05-21-2010
1970 Cohiba Lancero
1994 Habanos
70s Upmann Dunhill # (cant remember the number, it was a lonsdale)
1991 Cohiba Robusto
1997 PCC Churchill

The list could go on and on...but the best cigar, without a doubt was a Dunhill Tubo that was gifted to me by Bruce at Shack last year early Sat morning.....damn it was good!
[Reply]
stearns 06:25 AM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by OpusEx:
If we could ever get together with a couple of the other local golfers and get a round in I'm sure I can come up with something "tasty" to smoke during the day :-)
:-):-) im about to pick up golfing

my best? its been a while since ive enjoyed a stick as delicious as a robusto from the 05 'encuentro de los amigos de la tienda Partagas' dinner, its the way ive read sobrasalientes taste

stearns
[Reply]
bishjd123 06:32 AM 05-21-2010
At the top of my list is the Padron 1926 No.9.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:33 AM 05-21-2010
Smoked two on the same night, a Monte #2 (1983) & Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure #2 (1990) with my uncle after graduating from the Seminary.

Although, it may have been as much the festivities and company as much as the cigars.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 07:45 AM 05-21-2010
A 1992 H. Upmann Preciosas (MM 32 x 100(3.9))

I believe this cigar was an extra on a trade I did with SeanGar some years back, since then I was able to find 2 boxes, now I guard these little buggers like there F@@@ Gold. Only 1 Full box left and I am afraid to smoke them as I know I will never find them again. :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 07:45 AM 05-21-2010
Not a ton of experience with CC's yet. But my top 3 would have to be a Tat Cohete, Tat black CG, and the first PSD4 I smoked.
[Reply]
Dark Jester 08:51 AM 05-21-2010
Think my best so far was the Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Maduro Toro.

Close 2nd, or maybe tied, is the Padron Family Reserve No. 45 Maduro Toro.

I'll put the Olde World ahead cause it's like 1/3 the cost. Both Box press and very similar on flavor (to my newbie tastes anyway).
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 09:08 AM 05-21-2010
I think for me anyway the people and the time of the cigar has alot to do with it. Not in any real order.
1998 Punch Corna- Was a gift when I was in Iraq. Didn't think I could get it back through customs cuz I wanted to save it. I smoked it about a week before we left. I sat on the steps of chu and on a nice evening loved that cigar. ( I didn't want to smoke cuz 98 is my sons birth year.)
Padron 2 or 3000 Maddie- It was the first cigar I smoked with JK5. He is an awesome BOTL.
195? Reddot- Thanks again Ben for the chance to be part of that PPP.

See what I mean all the greats have had a great timing with them. Was it the cigars themselves or the timing? I like to think a bit of both.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:13 AM 05-21-2010
Reading all of these posts reminds me how few cigars I have really experienced -- and I have been smoking for around 11 years...

I look forward to trying many new cigars :-)
[Reply]
stearns 11:32 AM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
I think for me anyway the people and the time of the cigar has alot to do with it. Not in any real order.
1998 Punch Corna- Was a gift when I was in Iraq. Didn't think I could get it back through customs cuz I wanted to save it. I smoked it about a week before we left. I sat on the steps of chu and on a nice evening loved that cigar. ( I didn't want to smoke cuz 98 is my sons birth year.)
Padron 2 or 3000 Maddie- It was the first cigar I smoked with JK5. He is an awesome BOTL.
195? Reddot- Thanks again Ben for the chance to be part of that PPP.

See what I mean all the greats have had a great timing with them. Was it the cigars themselves or the timing? I like to think a bit of both.
ah i forgot about that, that was quite the fun herf, im glad i could make it. that was a unique smoke indeed

stearns
[Reply]
SmokinApe 10:39 AM 05-23-2010
Not really sure I can answer this... not because I smoke so much balla sh!t, but because I have smoked so many great cigars with good friends I can't just pick one...
[Reply]
rtparso 04:38 PM 06-06-2010
H. Upmann No 4 It was at least 10 years old.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 06:50 PM 06-06-2010
For NC it is tough to nail down as there have been so many awesome ones. The most memorable was a lowly Sancho Panze Extra Fuerte, it was the first one to make me buy a box.
For CC it was an 01 Punch Black Prince for now...
[Reply]
JD11 06:52 PM 06-06-2010
Sort of a loaded question , Having smoked some bad cigars with the company with me making it a great cigar. and vice versa , smoking a great cigar alone making it just a good cigar...
[Reply]
jimmyk26 07:56 PM 06-06-2010
For me, the best cigar I ever smoked was my first Ashton VSG. I have no idea what the size was, but I do remember the rich creamy smoke that coated my palate, a strength that literally pinned me to my chair, and flavors of chocolate and sweet tobacco that made me fall in love with cigars. It is also the cigar by which I unscientifically rate all others: how rich and creamy is the smoke? how strong is it? and what does it taste like? I enjoyed that first one so much that I am now hesitant to smoke any more VSGs for fear that they will fall flat compared that first one.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up