Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Is it safe?
dandaman 09:29 PM 06-02-2009
good evening everyone,I'm working on step 2 of my fridgeador. what do you guys think on putting my humidors inside? is it safe? I've seen a couple o guys with them in there's, but not to blow smoke, I have pretty expensive units . IS IT SAFE?
[Reply]
papajohn67 10:03 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by dandaman:
good evening everyone,I'm working on step 2 of my fridgeador. what do you guys think on putting my humidors inside? is it safe? I've seen a couple o guys with them in there's, but not to blow smoke, I have pretty expensive units . IS IT SAFE?
Not sure if this applies to your situation but I have a freezer I converted for storage and have several humi's in it. The freezer is equipped with 65% beads and everything including what's in the humi's placed inside have been been kept in excellent condition for the past 18 months.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 02:24 AM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by dandaman:
No, not if it's just a refrigerator. They use compression cooling, which sucks all the moisture out. You'd have to refill your humidification devices very often. However, if it's a wine fridge or something similar that uses thermoelectric cooling, it has little effect on humidity ad you'll be fine. If that's the case, you can just turn it into a humidor itself instead of storing your humidors in it.
[Reply]
Opusfxd 09:04 PM 06-03-2009
I've got a fridge, beads and a CO. Everything's perfect. I don't plug it in and it's in my basement so it stays cool anyways.
[Reply]
Up