Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Knots
Senior Bob 10:31 PM 05-29-2009
I had a San Cristobal La Fuerza that would not draw very well - my freind said there was a "knot" in the wrap
After a 1/3 was gone it smoked great
Any comments or experiences - what to do if it happens again

Thanks
Senior Bob
[Reply]
scoot 11:08 PM 05-29-2009
Its just how the leaves were bunched by the roller. If there's too much filler in one particular spot its not going to allow for an open draw. However, if its just one spot and its close enough to the foot once you smoke through it the draw will open up. Its not an actual knot in the tobacco, but it would seem more probable that its simply your firend's way of labeling the occurrence I described.
[Reply]
Don Francisco 03:44 AM 05-30-2009
He was probably talking about when a novice roller twists the filler prior to putting it in the binder. The center of the twist can be called a knot and is tighter and denser than it should be.. The other possibility is that there was a piece of stem in there.
[Reply]
taltos 03:56 AM 05-30-2009
Agree with all of the above comments and will suggest that the rh where it was stored also be looked at. When you approach 70 percent and above the filler can swell up and also restrict the draw and accentuate any small errors made by the roller. Draw seems to improve between 60 and 65 percent. I have had apparent knots go away by dry boxing a cigar for a couple of days if the prelight draw seemed to be too tight.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 07:52 PM 05-30-2009
I believe the common term is "plugged" . Has happened to me and probably just about every other cigar smoker as well . It happens , hopefully it is not a bad box full of plugged cigars .
[Reply]
Up