Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>LFD Limitado IV
JJG 08:41 PM 05-23-2009
What do you guys think? Is this a good one? I've been meaning to try a LFD for some time now. I'm house-sitting while the folks are out of town and they have a nice little B&M at the front of the neighborhood. I told the guy at the shop I mainly smoke CCs and he recommended the LTD IV. He seemed to know what he was talking about. They had a nice selection of Litto Gomez smokes including a box of the El Museos.

Hopefully I can light this baby up later tonight.
[Reply]
acarr 09:45 PM 05-23-2009
I don't know that I would say any of them taste like a CC from LFD but I will say they are all really good.
[Reply]
JJG 02:26 AM 05-24-2009
haha I've come to accept the fact that there's no such thing as a Non-Cuban that tastes like a CC. I just wanted to give him an idea of what I'm used to smoking.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:30 AM 05-24-2009
LFDs are good smokes, even without tasting like a CC! :-)
[Reply]
JJG 09:21 AM 05-24-2009
no luck smoking last night, hopefully I'll get around to it today. I guess the reason I've never smoked one of these is because the LFDs I always see in B&Ms all say "double ligero" and I had a hard time believing they could be super strong and smooth/well balanced at the same time. I asked the guy yesterday specifically for one that was NOT double or triple ligero.
[Reply]
scooter 09:31 AM 05-24-2009
They are all good smokes. I love the LFD line.
[Reply]
skullnrose 11:13 AM 05-24-2009
Only smoked one of these and enjoyed it. I enjoy most of the LFD's I smoke. Always packed with flavor and very well made.
[Reply]
bobarian 07:03 PM 05-24-2009
Originally Posted by JJG:
no luck smoking last night, hopefully I'll get around to it today. I guess the reason I've never smoked one of these is because the LFDs I always see in B&Ms all say "double ligero" and I had a hard time believing they could be super strong and smooth/well balanced at the same time. I asked the guy yesterday specifically for one that was NOT double or triple ligero.
I have no idea why you would not try a cigar based upon a misconception. Why would you think ligero content had anthing to do with a master blenders ability to make a smooth blend?
[Reply]
JJG 10:52 PM 05-24-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I have no idea why you would not try a cigar based upon a misconception. Why would you think ligero content had anything to do with a master blenders ability to make a smooth blend?
You're right, I'm not really in any position to make assumptions about this particular brand since I've never smoked one. However, I'd say my opinion is based on personal experience rather than misconceptions. I should not have suggested that it's impossible to make a strong cigar that's also smooth. Hell, some of my favorite marcas are also considered to be the strongest and I find them incredibly smooth. Partagas, Bolivar and since we're talking Dominican, the Opus X are all very strong but also smooth and well blended.

I'm just skeptical when I see cigars advertised as "super fuerte" or something similar because in my experience, they usually don't taste good. I'm about to smoke this one and I am pretty confident I'll enjoy it. If so, I'll make sure to try the rest of the line, including the double ligero. :-)
[Reply]
Green Lantern 11:47 AM 05-25-2009
You'll fall in love with LFDs. I'm an LFD whore, my current favorite is the LFD Maduro Prensado and of course my old reliable, Coronados. One of the best sticks they make imo is the Small Batch Series, if you like Opus or the LFD Salomons.
[Reply]
JJG 03:37 PM 05-25-2009
Originally Posted by Green Lantern:
One of the best sticks they make imo is the Small Batch Series, if you like Opus or the LFD Salomons.
I'll have to give these a try. The Lim. IV had a great flavor. It was pretty strong but not too bad. I believe the one I smoked was a 50x6 toro. If they make a lonsdale or lancero I could see myself smoking these regularly. I hardly ever smoke anything bigger than a 45 RG.

I also noticed that nic kick everyone talks about. This was a big cigar so smoked half last night and the other half this morning on a short car trip. I hadn't eaten anything yet and it didn't take long before I started to feel a little green.
[Reply]
Silound 09:56 PM 05-25-2009
I wasn't aware the Limitado IV was out yet. We JUST got word in was in post-blending stage like two weeks ago.

You dead sure that's not a Limitado III?
[Reply]
JJG 11:11 AM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by Silound:
I wasn't aware the Limitado IV was out yet. We JUST got word in was in post-blending stage like two weeks ago.

You dead sure that's not a Limitado III?
yeah, it definitely say Limitado IV

this is the shop I bought it from. http://lonestartobacco.com/index.htm

guess they must have just come out
[Reply]
neoflex 06:28 AM 05-29-2009
I was not aware of the 4's either. I guess it's off to the local today.
[Reply]
Up